What type of achievement person are you?

D - I have to get at least half of the listed achievements for a game (at least half). That said I'd prefer to get all of them, but sometimes I'll give up if the effort is too boring to bother with. It honestly depends - I got all of them for Saboteur, Bully - Scholarship Edition, Fallout 3, etc... then again I couldn't be bothered with Crackdown.

The kind of person that does not care one bit. They just flow in all the time and to be honest I couldn't care less. Unless they actually unlock something cool or useful I really do not bother , I don't think there's a single game for which I got all the achievements. The great majority of the achievements which I have, I earned totally by accident.

I like to get achievements, and have a lot of games where I got about 75% of them and I am not too worried about getting the last 25%, UNLESS it's a game I am really into. I 100% got all of them in Oblivion. I got to 96% in AC 2 and then moved on to Brotherhood and the rest. Since AC2 came up free this week, I decided to pop it in and try to finish it out. Just need to find those last few feathers that I am missing....

I like achievements in general but I don't think they really mean anything. Some achievements are really easy to get, and others virtually impossible, but it's difficult to tell by just looking at it. Unless everyone knows which ones are the more difficult ones, they don't carry as much weight with higher numbers.

I'm a solid B. It sort of a fun challenge to keep achievements in mind and score them along a campaign, and I think of them as metagame sidequests. I usually research a game's achievements beforehand and take note of what I should be looking for, and enjoy the game as normal. If the game would require me to play it again for a different achievement, then as long as the game was good I'll do it and credit the game on its replay value for the "clean-up run". I attempt the super-hard ones but don't sweat it if I'm not getting close to getting them. Finally, I avoid ones that would require grinding unless there is actually an in-game reward for doing so (like in an RPG, I would grind kills for loot or experience, so no reason not to hit two birds with one stone)

Not by a long shot am I what you would call obsessed but I do like to work on and receive the achievements. I have a couple different gamer tags as I kept forgetting my passwords so I guess it is important to me but not to where I am just crazy gung-ho about it.

I've recently decided that I'm insane and want to 1000 some gamer scores for some if not all my games. In order to do this I'm actually doing some research into how I can pull this off. Some of the games I have also have multiplayer game achievements and really isn't feasible since I'm not an awesome multiplayer guy. What I am going to do is probably have a chart of goals because I'm a nerd who wants a high nerd score. *nods*

I've recently decided that I'm insane and want to 1000 some gamer scores for some if not all my games. In order to do this I'm actually doing some research into how I can pull this off. Some of the games I have also have multiplayer game achievements and really isn't feasible since I'm not an awesome multiplayer guy. What I am going to do is probably have a chart of goals because I'm a nerd who wants a high nerd score. *nods*

so have you realized yet that alot of the older games multiplayer servers are shut down making those achievements impossible? or if you're truly unfortunate like myself played 1 vs 100 but never got around to acing it? It's kinda heart breaking

I'm definitely the C option. I grind hardcore just to get achievements. I remember doing the whole Black Ops 2 campaign more than three times to get several achievements. Sadly enough, I still haven't gotten all the achievements. It irks me every time I just see those non-completed achievements.

I love 'em. I am B because I know that I'm not the greatest gamer. I love the little ding, however, so whenever I can hear that marvelous sound, I go for it. I pretty much know from the beginning which ones I will be able to accomplish, so it's not like I'm in tears when I finally finish playing a game. I do like to complete games though. It's just like reading a book, I started out doing it and I want to finish.

Back