Xbox 360 When You Say Xbox 360, People Think of FPS?

lindbergh

I think that the Xbox 360 has made a permanent mark in gaming. So permanent in fact that when you say Xbox 360, people would automatically think of First Person Shooters. That's because of the numerous great FPS games that have come out for the console. The same would go for Nintendo. When you say Nintendo, people think of kids. I don't know about Sony though... They're kind of in-between.

That's because the way Xbox is marketed, it's marketed as mainly a Halo/COD/Gears of War machine. Sure they have other games, but those three games get extremely large marketing budgets for the system. And in turn, the general society sees the system as a shooter system.

That's because the way Xbox is marketed, it's marketed as mainly a Halo/COD/Gears of War machine. Sure they have other games, but those three games get extremely large marketing budgets for the system. And in turn, the general society sees the system as a shooter system.

I really agree with this. Xbox is REALLY differentiates from the Playstation consoles because of Halo that's why the Xbox is so special!

I really agree with this. Xbox is REALLY differentiates from the Playstation consoles because of Halo that's why the Xbox is so special!

That's what also makes people think the system isn't diverse though. It's not about Halo. It's about the FPS shooters in general. The three games I mentioned are shown off to the public as the life blood of the xbox brand. And 2 out of the 3 are FPS, with Gears being TPS.

That's also one reason why some rpg lovers tend to go with the Wii and the PS3. They think that the xbox is only built for first person shooters. They don't know that the xbox also has a slew of quality RPGs in its game library.

Halo and Gears definitely draw a clear image of the Xbox 360. They leave a huge mark on the label of the 360. Microsoft is aware of how well shooters sell and is trying to focus those games onto their console in order to sell their platform with the same ease.:)

That's also one reason why some rpg lovers tend to go with the Wii and the PS3. They think that the xbox is only built for first person shooters. They don't know that the xbox also has a slew of quality RPGs in its game library.

That's the thing, in the beginning, the 360 had some decent rpg games to go along with their main shooter marketing. But in time the PS3 and the Wii slowly, but surely took that away from them. They still have some rpg games course. But the 360 has nowhere near as many as the PS3 or the Wii.

I think you can attribute this confusion to the way XBox is being promoted. If it has been promoted as console for First Person Shooters, people will continue to view it so and go for the Wii or PlayStation!

Back