Where do you get PC games?

MapQuest

Where do you get your PC games? I get mine from a lot of various places like Big Fish Games and Microsoft. I am always on the lookout for new places that are safe though.

One time I tried getting a PC Game off of Big Fish Games, and they charged me monthly for being a member! That was the first AND last game I ever bought from them. This taught me a lesson...always read the fine print, before buying anything.

For PC I typically use Steam. Plus with Steam they run some really good specials and you can get games pretty cheap.

Steam normally. It's such a great secure portal (hehehehe) to games that just works without the hassle.

Steam is the only real viable place I can get computer games. Unfortunately, physical disc computer games have become hard to find. And very few places still sell them. Personally, I hate that since I actually like having the physical disc to my games.

I usually download some games at thepiratebay.org and torrentbit.net. Yes, I know, it's piracy but I can't help it. I can't go out there and buy every game that I want. I don't have that much money on my pocket. Besides, the games that I download are very very old games because they are the ones that work on my netbook.

I prefer buying my games, this way if I have a problem I can ask for help. Never had problems until now though, which is a good thing.
I have this shop in my neighbourhood that sells them but I also go the extra mile sometimes (literally, 1 mile away) to get to Blockbusters. They have a lot of games to chose from.

I buy them from Steam typically, for the convenience and deals they offer, unless I really like the box art or some extra goodie in the box, then I'll buy the physical version from the local walmart or online. Gamersgate isn't too bad. You can at times find great deals.

Usually, I just buy them on steam because it is really convenient and I can easily get them without much work. I also REALLY love steam because they frequently have sales and they really do cut a LOT. If I want the physical games, I just go to Wal-Mart or Gamestop to buy them :)

I mostly play online PC Games and at times download them. I'm not sure, but I feel it is cheap to save games on the computer as opposed to CD.

I normally buy them online or just head over to Walmart. I have rented in the past before with no problem though.

I usually download mine from origin, download takes forever but you can have it on multiple PCs.

I too buy from steam for the majority, just saved tons in the winter sale :D for the other games that steam doesn't sell, wow for example - I buy where's cheapest :)

I always buy games at go2arena.com. They have usually best deals for games i want to buy :p

I like buying them from indie game developers and from Amazon. I like buying the instant downloads on Amazon instead of waiting for a disc to come in the mail. I have used Big Fish before, but I also like Free Ride Games. It has the same games as Big Fish, but they are free with ads.

I buy them locally at the non big brand shop. I like to help local merchants out since they are usually in the fight of their life competing with big brand companies online.

Why? Because if the small retailer and mom/pop stores close down the big brand have a monopoly and prices increase. If you have fewer options you usually end up paying more as a result of decreased competition. Support that game store in your neighborhood, the big brand companies will be just fine anyway.

I buy them locally at the non big brand shop. I like to help local merchants out since they are usually in the fight of their life competing with big brand companies online.

Why? Because if the small retailer and mom/pop stores close down the big brand have a monopoly and prices increase. If you have fewer options you usually end up paying more as a result of decreased competition. Support that game store in your neighborhood, the big brand companies will be just fine anyway.
This is something worth doing, certainly! Plus, those shops, since they're small, usually sell some games as soon as they get their shipment so you could possibly end up getting a game before the actual release date! I know some games have had this happen WEEKS before release, but it's usually 1 week before release. It's a win-win situation, at least for console games!

Anyway, as for PC games I usually just get them from Steam.

Back