Xbox 360 Where does the Xbox 360 Stand?

mevsthor

Where do you think the Xbox 360 stands compared to all the other Xbox's? Personally I feel that it;s by far the best console Microsoft has launched to date. A close second would be the very first console, due to the nostalgic factor of playing Halo into the early hours of the morning, What do you think?

For me it's Original > 360 > One
It's probably just my nostalgia but I love the first Xbox. The 360 was great and all but my first console died after 2 years (RRoD) and I didn't like that.
The one doesn't looks too bad, but I probably won't buy it at launch like I did with the other two.

For me it's Original > 360 > One
It's probably just my nostalgia but I love the first Xbox. The 360 was great and all but my first console died after 2 years (RRoD) and I didn't like that.
The one doesn't looks too bad, but I probably won't buy it at launch like I did with the other two.

I completely agree with you jbepp, only if original was still allowed to play online.

Well, given I haven't touched the XB1, I can't really say where it stands between the three. But I can say with great confidence that I prefer the 360 to the original Xbox. The biggest difference to me is that the original Xbox had a really clunky controller design, and the game play suffered as a result. The 360 controller design is next to perfect, no unnecessary buttons and no bulky feeling when held.

I never played the original, and I'm not all too excited about the X1 yet, so I can't really make a comment just now.

However, it's worth pointing out that the 360 is still very impressive despite the initial hardware issues, given that it went from concept to final product in a very short time (can't remember exactly, but I think it was something like 18 months) compared to most other consoles. Factor in a massive wealth of games, including some brilliant exclusives, and it's a great console.

Where do you think the Xbox 360 stands compared to all the other Xbox's? Personally I feel that it;s by far the best console Microsoft has launched to date. A close second would be the very first console, due to the nostalgic factor of playing Halo into the early hours of the morning, What do you think?

It's really hard to compare at this point and time because the XB1 is so new. I don't feel that we have a good enough sample size to declare the 360 better or worse than the Xbox One. As far as I'm concerned, right now, we have to rank the 360 as the top console in the Microsoft console stable. I would go even farther and say that the Xbox 360 is the best console of our (2000s) generation. I think it compares favorably with anything produced by Nintendo or Sony.

Back