Xbox One Which genre do you want to see less of?

heavensdevil

Which genre do you not want to see so much this gen? Last gen was filled with generic first person shooters so I hope that Xbox One and PS4 can cut down on FPS releases and focus more on other genres. I wish to see more hack n slash games because it seems that there's less and less quality hack n slash games getting released.

I want to see less puzzle games (like Peggle) and I want to see more role playing games and yes, the ever popular hack and slash genre. Honestly, I'm not a fan of puzzle games because I get easily annoyed by it and bored as well.

I mostly want to see more "variety". I want to see less games use 3rd person perspective and more use top down or side scrollers like Max and Rayman. Also some classics or collections come out.

Seems you can take 10-20 or so of the main games or games coming and they play "similar" with just different backgrounds and characters and a handful of different moves or features.

I want to see more music games, such as Guitar Hero. I would love to see some puzzle games as well. Or, the original fallout, I would love to see a game like that, but with an original spin. I am starting to get bored of shooters and am looking for something different. A new coop game would be cool, too. Like another Gauntlet.

I want to see more music games, such as Guitar Hero. I would love to see some puzzle games as well. Or, the original fallout, I would love to see a game like that, but with an original spin. I am starting to get bored of shooters and am looking for something different. A new coop game would be cool, too. Like another Gauntlet.

Music games are good especially now that everyone has the Kinect. Other than hack n slash, I want to see games like Zelda on the Xbox. Darksiders were great in my opinion, I enjoyed them a lot so I want to see more games like that in the future. I enjoy puzzle solving with action adventure elements.

i would love to see rehash/reboot ect ect i think a timeline... say cod/ac/bf4 a 2 year spread between launches.. if they are going to commit to 1 year season pass for all content they should not be allowed to overlap within 5 months of the season pass expiring. i think this would push them to build a better game and concentrate on building the game without building another one in same time frame. this would also in theory make the rehas a bigger step in play/graphics and general stability.

i would like to see something on the line of rocksmith (learning real instruments) and in all honesty would probably buy a setup/game if it was released on the xb1... if they did guitar hero with a real guitar it would really step up "music" games imo... it may be harder but it would really give back to the "gamer" and give an honest skill i think people would take to if presented in the right manner.

Let me see....

1. Less generic FPS, more varied FPS (i.e. Borderlands, Shadow Warrior)
2. Less porting, more new games
3. More ROCKSMITH-LIKE GAMES (playing RS 2014. Loving it!). I would love to see a Pianosmith or even Drumsmith.

Let me see....

1. Less generic FPS, more varied FPS (i.e. Borderlands, Shadow Warrior)
2. Less porting, more new games
3. More ROCKSMITH-LIKE GAMES (playing RS 2014. Loving it!). I would love to see a Pianosmith or even Drumsmith.

Agree on the Rocksmith-like games. I'm especially hellbent for the Pianosmith. Seriously, I'll buy a keyboard. I'd wanna play some cool classic jazz songs and swoon a girl to me! Wahahahahaha!
As for a genre I'd like to see less.... LESS smartphone games. PLEASE!

As for a genre I'd like to see less.... LESS smartphone games. PLEASE!

Yeah, I wanna see less of that. I want to see more role playing games and racing games, oh yeah also FPS games would be better.

Yeah, I wanna see less of that. I want to see more role playing games and racing games, oh yeah also FPS games would be better.

Yup, agreed although PS3 has been doing more of the RPG games a lot lately. So yeah, but for PS4 and Xbox One, sure. But yes, smartphone games... I wanna see less of them. I can't stand it when I hear a game like Costume Quest or even Dragon Quest 8 got ported into the smartphone.

Less of the smartphone games too. Seriously, why can't they just let that die? But no, the market of smartphone games is booming so no matter what we all say here, the market still grows. People are moving towards smartphone games slowly. So yeah, nothing can be said about it. But generic FPS? Yes, less of those. At least games like Deus Ex, Shadow Warrior and Borderlands 2 are still there to keep us going.

Smartphone games do have their use, at least they helped to divert those god awful movie tie-in games. They mostly make movie games on smartphones so that it can get as crappy as they want without people complaining since it's a phone game.

Smartphone games do have their use, at least they helped to divert those god awful movie tie-in games. They mostly make movie games on smartphones so that it can get as crappy as they want without people complaining since it's a phone game.

I agree. Well, maybe the complainers meant that they don't like the smartphone games that are crappy, yes. I play smartphone games like Robot Unicorns Attack 2, Haunted Hallow and Nimble Quest on my iPhone 4S. Those games actually rock. Probably the guys were just fed up with some crappy games. It takes time but a little exploration will give you a host of smartphone games that actually rock.

A genre I'd like to see less of... puzzle games. I have nothing against the genre but maybe they should stay easy on them and make more immersive games.

I agree. Well, maybe the complainers meant that they don't like the smartphone games that are crappy, yes. I play smartphone games like Robot Unicorns Attack 2, Haunted Hallow and Nimble Quest on my iPhone 4S. Those games actually rock. Probably the guys were just fed up with some crappy games. It takes time but a little exploration will give you a host of smartphone games that actually rock.

A genre I'd like to see less of... puzzle games. I have nothing against the genre but maybe they should stay easy on them and make more immersive games.

All right, you're right. I guess I was a bit irked by so many smartphone games everywhere. I played a lot of them and they sucked. I only based my judgement on the few I played. Heck, never heard of the games you played. All right, just less of the smartphone games that suck.

More RPG games, More FPS games and more adventure games. I just hate puzzle games because I find it irritating that I can't finish it.

Definitely want to see less of android phone games. I want to see more action, fighting and RPG games. Oh by the way, also some FPS games. I hope there are more horror game genres coming out by 2014. I want to see more zombie killing and monster killing stuff.

I want to see less of those corny games. Android games (We've all played these games on our phones right?), also less of them puzzle games and those 2d games. I'd rather have games that would make my adrenaline rush go even further.

I want more 2D platformers and puzzle games. You need thinking person's games. Less FPS would work for me. I used to be really against smartphone games, but the Kairosoft and that brother team that makes Space Trader and Cyber Knights, they get a pass. Kairosoft gets a pass mainly on Game Dev Story which was pretty much proto-Game Dev Tycoon (which everyone should play...now).

A genre that needs to be scaled back greatly is the zombie genre if it's just going to be 80-90% full blown bash and slash zombies still.

I think most of us could do with less zombies. Of course the industry would take that as meaning we need 3x more zombies.

Back