Xbox One Who here has played Thief?

momo

So, who here has played Thief? What are your thoughts on the game? A friend of mine has it and I've seen him playing it a couple of nights this week, but I have yet to decide if I will buy it or not.

So, who here has played Thief? What are your thoughts on the game? A friend of mine has it and I've seen him playing it a couple of nights this week, but I have yet to decide if I will buy it or not.

I've got a copy from a friend who gave it to me as a gift. Well I have not tried it yet, but as soon as I do I'll post something up here.

I've got a copy from a friend who gave it to me as a gift. Well I have not tried it yet, but as soon as I do I'll post something up here.

Nice, I'd love to see how this game goes. I haven't actually bought the game, but depending on what the responses of people who have actually played it I might get it as well.

I've played it. Uhmnm..... I can say it's a "meh" for me. I don't know... I'm only speaking for myself and not for everyone else okay? So this is my biased, totally-only-in-my-own-mind opinion. The game's got interesting elements to them and it's fun that you have some way to do things your way but then... some elements just don't fit well. And what makes me go meh with this game... the ending. OH GOD. I'm not spoiling you the ending 'cuz maybe you'll like it but in my own eyes.... it just... man, why in the world did I spend $60 for this thing? I played this on PC, by the way. To me, it wasn't worth my time. I prefer the older Thief games. Rebooting Thief wasn't really a good idea for me. So there, those are my thoughts.

I've played it. Uhmnm..... I can say it's a "meh" for me. I don't know... I'm only speaking for myself and not for everyone else okay? So this is my biased, totally-only-in-my-own-mind opinion. The game's got interesting elements to them and it's fun that you have some way to do things your way but then... some elements just don't fit well. And what makes me go meh with this game... the ending. OH GOD. I'm not spoiling you the ending 'cuz maybe you'll like it but in my own eyes.... it just... man, why in the world did I spend $60 for this thing? I played this on PC, by the way. To me, it wasn't worth my time. I prefer the older Thief games. Rebooting Thief wasn't really a good idea for me. So there, those are my thoughts.

Okay, this is good to know. I know my husband kept on asking me if it was supposed to be any good and asked what peeps on here thought of it. I'd much rather hear from people that I know versus critic reviews, which you never know if they're biased or not. :)

What do you mean that "some elements just don't fit well?" I still haven't bought the game -- and probably won't, to be completely honest -- but I was thinking about borrowing it. If it's not really even worth playing, though, I may just pass it over altogether.

What do you mean that "some elements just don't fit well?" I still haven't bought the game -- and probably won't, to be completely honest -- but I was thinking about borrowing it. If it's not really even worth playing, though, I may just pass it over altogether.

Same here. I didn't get what you meant about "some elements just don't fit well", I've actually tried the game 2 days ago. I'm liking it already.

Okay, this is good to know. I know my husband kept on asking me if it was supposed to be any good and asked what peeps on here thought of it. I'd much rather hear from people that I know versus critic reviews, which you never know if they're biased or not. :)

Anyway, it's just my opinion, my biased one to be exact. Everybody else likes the game so that's fine, to each his/her own.

It's later in the game where the elements don't fit well. Anyway, it's just me. I don't speak for everybody else... so if you'd like to borrow, go ahead. You might like the game like ragnafable11 over here. I think it's the ending that irked me a lot.

Same here. I didn't get what you meant about "some elements just don't fit well", I've actually tried the game 2 days ago. I'm liking it already.

Maybe it's the ending that made me say that. God, that ending. Anyway, it's my opinion: I hate that ending. It made me wonder why I even spent $60 for this game.

Maybe it's the ending that made me say that. God, that ending. Anyway, it's my opinion: I hate that ending. It made me wonder why I even spent $60 for this game.

Good thing I haven't bought the game yet. Reading all these makes me want to think it over.

Good thing I haven't bought the game yet. Reading all these makes me want to think it over.

I think I'm getting the game this time. I got a friend who is so into the game that he really knows how to influence me.

Just remember guys: it's just me. Everybody else may like it but I don't. Good thing I sold it for half a price to somebody who likes this game.

I have to be careful posting here as I haven't finished it all yet, but yeah, it's an ok game to play. I wouldn't say that it is anything special. I enjoy roaming around the map and quite like the artwork and setting of it. So that's a plus... It feels quite linear with the storyline and choices etc. Obviously there is choice, but maybe I was just expecting more. Yeah, that's probably it, just think I expected too much of the game.

I have to be careful posting here as I haven't finished it all yet, but yeah, it's an ok game to play. I wouldn't say that it is anything special. I enjoy roaming around the map and quite like the artwork and setting of it. So that's a plus... It feels quite linear with the storyline and choices etc. Obviously there is choice, but maybe I was just expecting more. Yeah, that's probably it, just think I expected too much of the game.

I feel the same way. I maybe had high expectations about it but I guess you can't get a perfect game entirely anyways.

Hahaha, you too? Yeah, my brother played it and man, he just can't stop about how lame and how big of a disappointment it was. I watched him and when I saw the ending././. eh. Not recommended, in my opinion and his too.

I personally like the game, but there are some things you need to get used to when you play.

1. Controls: they are not the standard button layout. Once you spend about 10 min with it, you understand why and appreciate the fact it's different (good reasons)

2. Initial inventory (and some would argue inventory limits through the game). If you're used to having a 'gob' of weapons, ammo and resources, you'll need to get used to the new and slimmed down offerings and be careful what you use and when.

3. Darkness and contrast: The game has no built in (last I played, if there's an update, I'm both not aware of one, nor have I played with a patch) controls for darkness and contrast, meaning you'll have to adjust your TV for this ONE game. If you have presets you can custom make and load on the fly, then this may be a small issue for you. For me, it's a pain in the butt, I can either adjust it and play Thief comfortably, and then adjust back for everything else, or I can suffer with an overly dark, almost muddy viewing experience. (my TV is from 2008, so it very well could be too that the ratios on it aren't vast enough to accomplish this without messing with settings.)

Other than those 3 things, the game play and story (for me) is really good and fun to play.

I personally like the game, but there are some things you need to get used to when you play.

1. Controls: they are not the standard button layout. Once you spend about 10 min with it, you understand why and appreciate the fact it's different (good reasons)

2. Initial inventory (and some would argue inventory limits through the game). If you're used to having a 'gob' of weapons, ammo and resources, you'll need to get used to the new and slimmed down offerings and be careful what you use and when.

3. Darkness and contrast: The game has no built in (last I played, if there's an update, I'm both not aware of one, nor have I played with a patch) controls for darkness and contrast, meaning you'll have to adjust your TV for this ONE game. If you have presets you can custom make and load on the fly, then this may be a small issue for you. For me, it's a pain in the butt, I can either adjust it and play Thief comfortably, and then adjust back for everything else, or I can suffer with an overly dark, almost muddy viewing experience. (my TV is from 2008, so it very well could be too that the ratios on it aren't vast enough to accomplish this without messing with settings.)

Other than those 3 things, the game play and story (for me) is really good and fun to play.

Nice comment. I haven't actually tried the game so I can't really tell how good this is but at least it gives me an idea.

Wow that really sums it up. I guess there are some things that are quite interesting on this game.

Thief... played it and it's actually a decent game. Kinda fun. As for the ending.... well, maybe there's a sequel planned for it. I don't think it was gonna end there right away, anyway.

Back