Who's still hoping for a remake of FFVII?

Bradbury

As I've been playing the HD remake of FFX, I've caught myself wishing for a remake of FFVII. It was such a great game. I really didn't enjoy the Compilation series--they messed with the story in weird ways that just didn't jibe with the story and characterization in the original game. But if the same team was brought on board, and they kept it as true to the original game as possible, I would buy it in a heartbeat. What about you guys?

I can see Square Enix getting around to an HD FFVII...although it's taking them a long time to do it. That's the one I'd like to see since everyone and their mama loves FFVII, but they did FFX (and even gave FFX a sequel...which I preferred to the original).

Not me! I don't think it'll ever happen. It'd be nice, maybe on a handheld so they don't need to make it look as good as FF13 or FF15 (they've already mentioned that it would be very hard to remake FFVII with current-gen graphical standards) but I just don't see it happening.

I've been hoping for an HD FFVII for some time. It seems like Square Enix kind of dances around actually running with that.

I've been hoping for an HD FFVII for some time. It seems like Square Enix kind of dances around actually running with that.

Well they did mention that it will be very expensive to remake it. They would have to remake the entire game because its way outdated.

SquareEnix has been dropping the ball rather consistently as of late so I'm not really anxious to see them staining the FF legacy even further. FF VII is fine as it is right now. :p

I don't know about wanting another Final Fantasy VII. I'd say the graphics are outdated, but the mechanics don't need to be touched. There's a particular way people would be expecting it to be done. I'd be just as fine if they did FFVII in the same manner they did the Final Fantasy remakes on DS. At any rate the effort required could probably go into more portable titles.

Yeah i would really like to see FFVII remake or any FF up to 9. Have not been able to get into any FF games since 9.

Yeah i would really like to see FFVII remake or any FF up to 9. Have not been able to get into any FF games since 9.

FF IX was the last of that main FF lineage that I could say that I loved. I'd like to see that get a remake or a FFIX-2. It also brought the full on fantasy back to Final Fantasy. I've been pleased with the portable FF games though.

FFIX-2...now there's a cool idea. There were plenty of possibilities at the end of the game. It had a cohesive ending, and it was clear enough that a sequel would probably have to follow different characters. But the story and the battle system were awesome. I'd definitely play another installment if they came out with one.

FFIX-2 would be dumb. Not because FFIX wasn't great, but because Square-Enix seems to like to retcon the previous games in dumb ways whenever they make a -2. I loved FFXIII-2, but the way they forced it into the ending of FFXIII was ridiculous.

It could work if they made it a completely different cast of characters with cameos from the original cast, though, yeah.

I dunno really. I mean, on the one hand yeah I would like it, but it'll just be too much expectations which won't pay off I think. Not to mention that if they go back to remake it, they might just ruin it instead.

I would gladly pay full price + any dlc extra content for a full fledged HD FF7 remake. I love that game. Probably in my top 3 games of all time. I still to this day remember key events and music from the game. This masterpiece really needs to be remade. I'd even settle for no new content or gameplay changes, just an HD overhaul on all aspects of the game. And if they change (or try to update) the music in any way that alters the original score - no deal!

If they think that it is too expensive to remake it then chances are they won't be doing it. It has nothing to do with what the gamers want, its all about the profit vs. loss line.

Not going to happen.
It's just not. They are too afraid of the backlash and mind you, they should be. THEY don't even think they could do a good job otherwise they would have already done it.

I thought they did this already when they said they had some FFVII movie to go along with it. I had no idea this game hadn't received an HD remake by now since everything else has. Kingdom Hearts is getting another one before Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out. It was shown at E3. Maybe they want to finally finish FFXV first.

I'm really hoping Square Enix does a HD remake of Final Fantasy VII, I got the original version on Steam when they put it there but I'm honestly really bothered by the graphics, I just can't get into the game.
If they release the exact same game with recent graphic I'd instantly buy it, it wouldn't even need any new content.

I'm really hoping Square Enix does a HD remake of Final Fantasy VII, I got the original version on Steam when they put it there but I'm honestly really bothered by the graphics, I just can't get into the game.
If they release the exact same game with recent graphic I'd instantly buy it, it wouldn't even need any new content.

I tried out the original as well and couldn't get into it either. It was my first experience with a Final Fantasy game to be fair though and I didn't know what to expect. I'll probably wait for a remake of it myself as they will probably get around to it maybe once they finally finish with FFXV which looks pretty good, also there is Kingdom Hearts 3 which wasn't really shown if you followed E3 any this year. Again I thought they mentioned having this and a movie in the works back when the PS3 was in development. Maybe it was just a short 3D film or something, I'll have to look it up.

I tried out the original as well and couldn't get into it either. It was my first experience with a Final Fantasy game to be fair though and I didn't know what to expect. I'll probably wait for a remake of it myself as they will probably get around to it maybe once they finally finish with FFXV which looks pretty good, also there is Kingdom Hearts 3 which wasn't really shown if you followed E3 any this year. Again I thought they mentioned having this and a movie in the works back when the PS3 was in development. Maybe it was just a short 3D film or something, I'll have to look it up.

Do you mean the movie was in development around the time of the PS4 development? Because if it was PS3 as you said it could simply have been Advent Children, I think that came out around the time the PS3 released...

Back