Xbox One Why are games releasing on Xbox One and Xbox 360?

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
So I haven't yet figured it out on why they're still going to release games on the current gen Xbox 360. Won't it be two different game experiences? How will it be different from each other? How many people will each game be able to play with online? Will we be able to game cross-platform on Xbox 360 and Xbox One on games like Call of Duty Ghosts online?

There's so many questions about the game releasing on current gen consoles and next gen consoles. The only answer I can think of, is that they don't expect everyone to go out and buy a Xbox One and they want to sell many games to try and outsell the previous Call of Duty titles again. They want Xbox 360 users to be able to enjoy the game even though next-gen is a step up from last gen. I don't know, that's just me guessing. Let me know what you guys think or what you've heard around the web.

That's precisely right, not everybody is going to upgrade immediately. And they want to still be able to give those gamers enjoyment until they do upgrade. As far as development for multiple systems goes, I'm wondering if new games are going to be ports; games like Watch Dogs and GTA V seem like maybe they have been in development for the new consoles already so maybe the developers had earlier access already.

I think that is so that developers can see how the console works and can see how they can use the developer tools to create new games with it. Sort of a experimental thing.

Also, new console and all, it needs games, so everything that comes out is okay.

I'm pretty sure that the same games will be released on both consoles. I remember seeing an advertisement for a game coming in a year and it had the Xbox 360 as one of its gaming platforms. I'm pretty sure they wold have mentioned something about Xbox One, but they didn't. It would make much more sense if they made it for both, as it will be much more profitable for them to do so.

It's to slowly move into the next generation. I am guessing that most people will decide to wait out on the next-gen consoles, which means that releasing exclusively on the next-gen consoles would be a failure and wouldn't be profitable. Conversely, not supporting the next-gen consoles with games would be problematic too and I'm sure Sony and Microsoft are doing whatever they can to get the devs/pubs to support their next-gen consoles. So then, the games get released on both. By releasing on both, they get a higher profit due to the current-gen's higher install base and they are also supporting the next-gen consoles.

This also works great for the devs/pubs as people are sure to double-dip and get both versions of the games to see what the next-gen can do.

I'm sure they will be pushing this multi-generation release model until the next-gen consoles have a higher install base.

EDIT: oh yeah, there's also definitely the fact that devs are using such games to "test the waters" so to speak. To get used to the new consoles.

I don't think games will be release for both consoles, reason, the same reason no Backwards compatibility, the games on the XBOX ONE are on a different engine(hope I used the right term ology) why go thru the process then do it again just to down grade unless they have way to put on the same disc and your console recognizes your console!!!

I don't think games will be release for both consoles, reason, the same reason no Backwards compatibility, the games on the XBOX ONE are on a different engine(hope I used the right term ology) why go thru the process then do it again just to down grade unless they have way to put on the same disc and your console recognizes your console!!!

Many game developers have already confirmed that they will be releasing games for Xbox 360/PS3, as well as on the new consoles.

Back