Xbox 360 Why did you chose the 360?

A0130

Is there any particular reason? Does it have benefits that other consoles don't?

It launched first. I think that played the biggest role for me, I just was too anxious to jump into the next generation. Also I had just picked up the original XBOX around the time the 360 was announced so I was on a Halo hype train.

pretty much it came out first and was cheaper then the ps3. I never owned the original xbox however my cousin and one of my friends did so I usually played it there. That being said I was massive into the ps2 but since the ps3 was such a let down (launch wise) I decided to go with xbox for his gen...which I think fit me pretty well haha

We had a playstation 2, but barely anyone we knew had one. My brother in law convinced my husband to get a 360 so they could play on live.

I chose Xbox 360 because most of my friends have one. I find that playing a game by yourself can get boring very quickly. When playing with people you know your game play experience is better than playing solo. For multiplayer games you can depend on people you know to get the job done rather than some random person and communication becomes so much easier.

I didn't choose the 360. The 360 choosed me.

But seriously, it was actually a gift. I originally wanted a PS3, but I dediced to give a go anywho. I actually ended up enjoying it and decided to keep it. The only thing that soured it was when the console became infected with the dreaded RROD :(

Well, I'll be honest: I have no idea. I ask this to myself every single day. I prefer the PS3's exclusives and I love Sony's PS+ service and hate Xbox Live Gold. I really don't know why I bought a 360 years ago instead of a PS3.

Well, I didn't choose it exactly. We have an x-box and ps3 but my husband was very instant that we give the 360 a try. I like it, though.

It just kind of ended up on my lap. A friend of mine was selling his for a really low price, considering the amount of games and the state of the console. So i ended up entering that generation with it because of it.

Honestly?
"Hmm... much money in hand have I. Good deal on system this is. Purchase make I will." And that's how I got a 360. It's also the story of how I got a Wii and a PS3. Yay! Seriously though very little if any thought went into this.

For me I got the 360 because it was out first, and I also did have the original Xbox before it so I couldn't justify switching away from xbox. Another reason is that I LOVED halo, literally no lifed it with my brother when we were young and since it is exclusive theres no way I'd get a console that I couldn't run halo on :p

To be honest, I don't even know why I chose the Xbox 360. I think I chose the Xbox 360, because it was new and it made me interested. I can't even remember which system came out first between the PS3 and the Xbox 360, because I don't wan't to say I go it because it came out first, but if it did that would probably be a big factor.

Is there any particular reason? Does it have benefits that other consoles don't?

I bought a 360 instead of a PS3 because it was $100 cheaper and I was really tight on money at the time. I considered doing the same thing when PS4 came out $100 cheaper than the Xbox One, but ultimately, I like the Xbox consoles better now so I decided to just "bite the bullet" and pay the extra $100.

I think too many people get hung up on whether one console is better than all others and all that. I've never chosen one console over another for any reason other than the fact that it was less expensive or I could otherwise get a good deal on it. I usually buy PlayStation consoles first, but I got my Xbox 360 long before my PS3. When I'm ready to buy a next-gen console, it will likely be the Xbox One, but there's really no particular reason for it.

I actually won my 360 at a bachelor party Texas Hold-Em Poker tournament. My friend was getting married and since we was pretty religious, we couldn't do anything like strip clubs or stuff like that, so we just organized a poker tournament. Worked out great for me, I won the whole thing and the grand prize was an X-Box 360, an additional controller and 2 games, Burnout: Revenge and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter. Man, I spent a lot of time playing those 2 games... Good times.

I actually chose both the PS3 and the 360, but play the 360 more when I want to game with friends. I think the online features of 360 are a million times better than the PS3, and my friends are always on XBox live however if I'm on my PS3 and they're on PSN I don't even notice lol. I'd like to say that the online community on XBox Live is worse than PSN, but after playing a few games on each I can say both are populated by an equal amount of foul-mouthed kids.

I got my first 360 because of a debt and got Brutal Legend to make it even. I sold it later for a PS3 and got my current 360 super cheap during the summer. It wasn't guy selling consoles out of his van-cheap, but it was very wallet friendly. As for why I got another, my consoles were saying Xbox 360 wasn't a jerk like Dreamcast and Nintendo 64 (who sit in the golden circle on my dresser)...so I got it again.

...plus I found Fallout 3, Skyrim, and some other games very cheap used for 360.

Does it count if I bought both the PS3 and Xbox 360?

But I were to only buy the Xbox 360, I would choose it because of its great variety of games and its superb multiplayer mode, Xbox Live. Xbox live made it easier for gamers to communicate with each other and I applaud them for that!

The Xbox 360 truly revolutionized the gaming industry!

I think I bought mine for a rather strange reason, looking back. My friend and I were heavily into Halo 2 at the time, and I think I just assumed I would keep wanting Halo games in the future so I might as well go ahead and get one. I find it odd now because I bought it just to play an Xbox game on, so there wasn't a whole lot of reasons not to just wait until a 360 game came out. I remember definitely liking the slimmer controllers though, that was a nice bonus. The sucky thing was, after Halo 2 my friend pretty much quit playing them and playing Halo games alone (even online) didn't have the same appeal to me. Sure, I played other great games like GTA IV and Skyrim, so it was worth it to own my 360 in the end. I still use it now and again to play some Guitar Hero drums when I get the urge.

Well, I had an Xbox 1 (the original Xbox, not the Xbox One), and was really into to it. So I guess it was natural that I would progress to the 360, lol. Back then I was obsessed with following all the latest news and rumours about the launch of the new Xbox.

Back