Why do they charge?

MarcusAlverse

Why do you think Xbox charges us a monthly fee? I really don't understand their reasoning. I think that it is pretty unfair, for the horrible outsourced customer agents they have.

Just so they can grab more money from our pockets, really. If they think people will pay monthly fees, they'll charge monthly fees. And since people WILL pay monthly fees, well... :(

Agreed... They charge because people are willing to pay. It's sick but that is what this world is coming to. If we all stopped paying - then maybe they would not charge.

Agreed... They charge because people are willing to pay. It's sick but that is what this world is coming to. If we all stopped paying - then maybe they would not charge.

Isn't that what happened with DCU Online? They didn't have enough people willing to pay the monthly fee, so they made it completely free. I think that's what happened, anyway.

I do not think some people, could stop playing long enough, for Xbox to waive the monthly fee. It would be great if it were free, because maybe then I could see what all the fuss is about!

I'm a little lost here. I've had my Xbox for a few years and I don't pay any monthly fees. I started at $49.99 for a year and now pay $59.99 a year. What exactly are you talking about, because I have no clue.

Xbox doesn't charge a monthly fee, unless you want to go a la carte on their Gold Membership, which is completely optional. I think it's fine that they charge to play online; they provide us with an awesome product, so why shouldn't they make more money from it?

I think they should lower it, but they have to pay for stuff to keep online running, also if you were them, and you had a product that everyone wanted with little competition, would you not do the same. I am not saying they are doing the right thing. I am just saying that you got to see it from their point of view too.

Technoupdate now brings up a great point, they don't have to worry too much because they don't have a lot of competition. Xbox live is where most of my friends play right now, so if I wasn't willing to pay, I'd simply be left out.

I have to admit that it's a smart business decision since the competition isn't there. If something new entered the arena that could take away Xbox customers, you'd be seeing a different situation. It's just the way the market seems to work. At the end of the day, it's about supply and demand.

Back