Xbox One Why only one controller?

John Henry

The Playstation 4 is reportedly going to be including 2 controllers. Why can't they just go ahead and throw another controller in with the XBox One, to sweeten the pie? I mean, come on. We are going to be spending enough money on it already. Why give us only one controller?

The Playstation 4 is reportedly going to be including 2 controllers. Why can't they just go ahead and throw another controller in with the XBox One, to sweeten the pie? I mean, come on. We are going to be spending enough money on it already. Why give us only one controller?

The PS4 is only including two controllers for their Killzone bundle in Europe. No other announcements were made.

I wish there were two as well. Maybe they figure more in for single gamers that live alone and do multiplayer, I dunno lol.

It would be nice to have two controllers but only game system I remember having two was the first Nintendo maybe Super Nintendo? Plus your paying the same amount for 1 controller as you do a game.. Maybe they feel more people play solo and online vs split screen?

They did it because they like money. Microsoft IS greedy, and it realizes that most players are going to be getting a controller, a game and live subscription within the year. So that an extra $160-$180 from basic Xbox necessities. Let's not forgot how Xbox One was originally going to exclude a mic as well. It's unfortunate really. Who knows how long the free games will roll in. Microsoft only confirmed games up until X1 launch they never said anything about post.

Whats up with everyone wanting free stuff from MS? I for one am just excited and ready. They are giving us a superior machine and a great game line up. People forget..at the end of the day,it is STILL a business.

Give people incentive to invest into a piece of property. I mean you are buying ONE system, so one controller is acceptable. Beggars aren't choosers.

Most PS4 bundles I've seen only come with one controller? Not sure where you are getting this info.

This is where people have to be careful - there's tons of mis-information spread around by people. These online console wars can get goofy at times and people love to make stuff up.

It is best to do your own research rather than listen to the "noise". A quick Amazon search would show you that the PS4 has one controller in many bundles, and that XB1 has one with two.

This is my issue with the "console wars". If people get all the facts and choose something other than Xbox, that's fine by me, but it seems many people I know seem to be making decisions based on poor and often incorrect information.

I'm making my decision based on what we've seen from both consoles, not fanboy noise or PR from either company.

Most PS4 bundles I've seen only come with one controller? Not sure where you are getting this info.

This is where people have to be careful - there's tons of mis-information spread around by people. These online console wars can get goofy at times and people love to make stuff up.

It is best to do your own research rather than listen to the "noise". A quick Amazon search would show you that the PS4 has one controller in many bundles, and that XB1 has one with two.

This is my issue with the "console wars". If people get all the facts and choose something other than Xbox, that's fine by me, but it seems many people I know seem to be making decisions based on poor and often incorrect information.

I'm making my decision based on what we've seen from both consoles, not fanboy noise or PR from either company.

PS4 only includes two controllers if you live in Europe and get the more expensive Killzone Bundle.

They did it because they like money. Microsoft IS greedy, and it realizes that most players are going to be getting a controller, a game and live subscription within the year. So that an extra $160-$180 from basic Xbox necessities. Let's not forgot how Xbox One was originally going to exclude a mic as well. It's unfortunate really. Who knows how long the free games will roll in. Microsoft only confirmed games up until X1 launch they never said anything about post.

I don't know if its greedy to want your business to be profitable. Its called capitalism. Big Business is not there to be our friends, they are there to meet demands via supply and make a profit.

I don't know...I see where you're coming from, it would be quite nice to have two included. But it makes sense from their standpoint to only include one, at the same time.

I don't know if its greedy to want your business to be profitable. Its called capitalism. Big Business is not there to be our friends, they are there to meet demands via supply and make a profit.

I totally agree. Key words: Business,capitalism and profit. Don't know of any business that became successful by giving stuff away free.

I totally agree. Key words: Business,capitalism and profit. Don't know of any business that became successful by giving stuff away free.

Except, giving people free stuff improves public opinion, which may result in more sales later down the line. It isn't really as black and white as giving people the bare minimum. If all you deal with is straight, short-term profit all the time, you'll get a bad reputation for it. Like Microsoft!

Because apparently those cost money and everyone already plays online with their friends, isn't that right?
Or that is at least what Microsoft thinks.

i bet ps4 is only giving 1 controler in the us market as well. no game console thati am aware of has packaged 2 in at launch without it being a special bundle.

Whats up with everyone wanting free stuff from MS? I for one am just excited and ready. They are giving us a superior machine and a great game line up. People forget..at the end of the day,it is STILL a business.

This is true. Sometimes we forget buisinesses can't just give things away, even to their most loyal customers. It doesn't necessarily mean they are greedy and evil, it's just part of being a buisiness.

They know that most people buying the Xbox one doesn't have friends. Jk jk. I think its because they want to increase the profit margins and not shorten them. From a businessmen's point of view it would be the most logical thing to do.

It's a quick way to get a bit more money, and that's what they're looking for at the end of the day. Although, I don't know why wanting an extra controller is worse then wanting Xbox Live to be free... I mean an extra controller just seems like common sense really - or at least it would if there were more games that didn't focus on multiplayer and instead focused on co-op or actual, physical friends joining in. Whatever happened to that anyway? Are gamers just supposed to have virtual friends now?

I guess I play alone at home more than I play with others, because people just don't always have the time to get together for video games, but still.... Or maybe they think that a second player will just bring their own controller with them.

I guess I play alone at home more than I play with others, because people just don't always have the time to get together for video games, but still.... Or maybe they think that a second player will just bring their own controller with them.

That coukd be as well. There is a "man cave" in a neighbors garage and all the kids bring their own Xbox remote to play halo.

Back