Xbox One Why PC gamers are hated by the console crowd?

You should clearly understand the difference, people. Xbox is a gaming console, which means its made exclusively for your entertainment. Whereas the PC main job is to provide all the tools necessary for day-to-day procedures, work, studying etc , and gaming on PC is just a small Bonus. These things can not be compared, seriously

You should clearly understand the difference, people. Xbox is a gaming console, which means its made exclusively for your entertainment. Whereas the PC main job is to provide all the tools necessary for day-to-day procedures, work, studying etc , and gaming on PC is just a small Bonus. These things can not be compared, seriously

Your point is a bit misleading. PC gaming is considered one of the biggest segment in gaming at all, since it requires only one machine. You do not need any TV, sound system etc. And a PC is used for a wide variety of tasks. Consoles are for entertainment, and do cost a lot. So i guess it all depends.

I wouldnt call it a small bonus. Also, with the newest consoles, i wouldnt call them "exclusively gaming consoles". That actually one of my issues with them.

If you did decide to call it a small bonus, shouldnt consoles be ashamed that something that has gaming as a "small bonus" does it so much better than a dedicated gaming machine?

I think that PC gamers are hated because console gamers feel hated so much. I went to my friends house a while back and he was showing me how much easier it was to aim in FPS on the PC. In my opinion he was just boasting about how good PC gaming was and wasn't even taking into consideration my opinion. Personally, I love console gaming a lot more because there aren't any huge updates I need to do. I've had the same Xbox 360 since 2006. It's far more easier to go up and press the button on a console then bootup a PC and install all of the new firmware, etc. I have to agree though, PC games on steam are a lot cheaper, especially if you get it during Christmas or summer!

Well, to be fair, PC Gamers hate hackers too, and it happens on consoles too, not hacking so much as glitching
Not every PC gamers brags about $1200+ setups, AND, alot of times those setups are called out for being wasteful in multiple areas, for example, a 1000 watt power supply for a system that draws 400 watts under load.
Console gamers never act like theyre better than anyone? No?

Bottom line is, PC gamers are just gamers. A certain percentage of gamers tend to be buttholes.

when i say hack.. i mean modd... most pc gamers cant leave a game alone at all. be it modding for money, adjusting stats on a gun, raising the ammount of storage in a backpack, im not even talking about auto aim,walk thru wall hacking.

i cant knock a pc builder for having what they want in the case.. if its over kill or one ofthose thing they just want because its really expensive that is up to them... i use to import jdm and rare parts from over seas and spend a good chunk of change on parts that were just different so i understand that.

i guess where it gets me is on a pc their are some games that are just pc mostly the mmo's but cross platform games or big titles are multi i jut dont get the hype of plying it on pc.

i am a recently converted mac owner... i absolutly love my mac products but i dont push it down peoples throats... which is what tends to get me more than anything.. we all know the fan boy or console war with xbox and ps.. but my friends that are ps owners dont say omg how can u play xbox its so dumb and stuff like that... but than again my friends are not hard core gamers...

I really don't have any input on PC gaming, because I don't do it. When I use to play on PCs I would hate it, because it felt so cheesy, and boring that is why I did not enjoy it much.

There isn't a big separation. Any elitist comments made by PC gamers are either jokes or stupid comments made by people you can safely ignore. Simple. No less, no more.

Though, that's not to say people saying that 'PC is the best platform' and the like are wrong automatically because of a silly minority. A single bad apple doesn't spoil an entire bunch provided you remove the bad apple when it comes to reading the apples' comments. (wait what)

Nor is it something special of or dependent on being a PC gamer. Have we forgotten the console wars? Anyone here a big Steelers fan? Arsenal?

PC gamers really aren't special.

when i say hack.. i mean modd... most pc gamers cant leave a game alone at all. be it modding for money, adjusting stats on a gun, raising the ammount of storage in a backpack, im not even talking about auto aim,walk thru wall hacking.

i cant knock a pc builder for having what they want in the case.. if its over kill or one ofthose thing they just want because its really expensive that is up to them... i use to import jdm and rare parts from over seas and spend a good chunk of change on parts that were just different so i understand that.

i guess where it gets me is on a pc their are some games that are just pc mostly the mmo's but cross platform games or big titles are multi i jut dont get the hype of plying it on pc.

i am a recently converted mac owner... i absolutly love my mac products but i dont push it down peoples throats... which is what tends to get me more than anything.. we all know the fan boy or console war with xbox and ps.. but my friends that are ps owners dont say omg how can u play xbox its so dumb and stuff like that... but than again my friends are not hard core gamers...

wait a mac owner who doesnt push it down peoples throat? riiight (jk)

the thread topic was why are pc players hated.
I LOVE my xbox, i dont hate console gamers. for the last couple of days my pc has been used as an internet browser because ive been addicted to GTA V on my 360.
I JOKINGLY pick on consoles. My brother always brings up how PC's suck. The other day we were discussing potential sales on games. and he all of a sudden says something like "oh but you wanna play on that POS PC." Jokingly i replied,"look man, im trying to be neutral here, i like console gaming but then you go and say some console peasant stuff like that and make itdifficult for me"

He knows hes not a peasant, i know my PC isnt a POS.

And to be fair to the modders, there are also mods for skyrim that make it HARDER and MORE REALISTIC. there are mods that make you have to worry about eating regularly or wearing warm clothes if youre on the mountain or risk freezing to death.

Cheaters are gonna cheat. The xbox one has been hacked already and i can guarantee that cheating will come before piracy

As a PC gamer who plays on consoles as well, I had to ask this to you guys. There are so many differences to resolve here, but I am not going there, you know. It's just a simple question. What do you love or hate about the PC gaming?

I never could get into PC gaming all that much because I have such a strong preference for the controller over a mouse and keyboard. Don't hate PC gamers, though, unless they start in with that crap about how their system is so much more superior to my console and blah, blah, blah.

I don't really understand this kind of war between the console and pc players either. I both own a console and a computer and I use both systems to play on. Before I bought my console I already used a controller for certain games because playing them with a controller was a lot easier than playing them with your keyboard and your mouse as usual. There are computer players that think they're superior due to the fact that a computer is usually more potent and you're able to up-date your hardware when you need it instead of waiting on a new console generation, but there are also console players that think they're superior to computer players because they do have exclusive games. Participating in this controversial is a bit childish if you're asking me.

I'm with others in the "To each their own" mentality. Some PC gamers thought that they were superior to console gamers. Now PC gamers joke about it and some still take it seriously. I think that you play what you want to play, as long as you're having fun.

Back