Why the low sales for the Wii U?

I think it is mostly because Nintendo is just not as popular for starters, especially in comparison to Sony and Microsoft consoles. The Wii U hasn't done well because first of all the name is plain stupid and unimaginative and because it has to compete with Sony handheld systems. I am sure they were expecting low sales to be honest.

As a huge Nintendo fanboy, I can say that the name of the console is a mistake. The fact that they had no real first party games at launch is another, and that's what made third party devs nervous. I'm confident now with Smash Bros. and Mario Kart announced, sales will pick up. I also predict a price cut before they launch, but we'll see how right I am about that.

I'm going to have to take a guess nad say tht it is due to the fact that the console itself is quite weak. It is trying to compete with far stronger consoles, however the demograph for the Wii U is aimed at a younger and older audience! I guess that once it hits the market that the console will be able to keep up with the others but still be hated on by gamers.

-Paul

I do think the design of the Wii U sort of scared potential buyers away because it's so different from "conventional" consoles. Personally, I think the controller should have been an optional addition rather than coming standard. Now that they have the pro controller, I'm quite interested in buying one for myself pretty soon. I never bought a Wii, so there's the option of playing all those Wii exclusives that I missed out on.

Once all these amazing games showed off at E3 start coming out the WiiU is definitely going to pick up, of that I have no doubt. I'm tempted to get one myself... just for Smash Bros! And the newest Mario Kart looks very, very fun.
I think the WiiU is going to catch up to its predecessors sales soon enough and will probably dominate this holiday season.

It really comes down to a combination of Nintendo choosing a horrible name for the console ad the fact they released it without the games to go along with it. It looks like most popular Nintendo games won't even be coming out till 2014, which is bad considering the Wii U was released in 2012. I have a good feeling that once they release games the sales will pick up, but to be honest the Wii U will not be replicating the success of the Wii.

Back