Wii fit

Micci

Does anyone have the Wii fit? I love it - I would say my favorite game is the soccer ball one - it's a balance game. You have to dodge soccer balls as they kick them at your head. I can't tell you how many times I've been hit in the head!

I have Wii Fit but I haven't played it in a long time. I kind of liked the yoga part. It can be pretty challenging at times. Of course it's not the same as going and working out but it's still kind of fun I guess.

To be honest, I skipped all the Yoga games. I should get it back out and give them a try. I'm not that limber and I did not want to make a fool out of myself so I didn't do the Yoga. Can you really lose weight and burn calories doing the Yoga with the Wii fit?

Micci, I don't know if you will actually burn calories doing the Yoga. It did help me stretch out though, which is some benefit. I could have probably had the same benefit if I did a yoga book or video though, you know?

The soccer game sounds like a lot more fun than yoga, but that's just me. I've always gotten bored just thinking about yoga. Does it really help you burn calories? It always looked more like something you'd do to help you fall asleep!

I don't know if yoga helps burn calories. I think it's more about stretching and feeling calm. A lot of yoga is mental too. It's not for everybody. Something that makes you move more would be a better choice for burning calories.

To me, yoga is sort of a Catch-22. If you had the calm demeanor and mindset to appreciate yoga, you probably wouldn't need it in the first place. Aerobics or some kind of ball game would be more my speed. The balance games might be kind of fun, too.

I am just way too klutzy for Yoga so I just skipped those ones. I do love the balance exercise though. Some of them are quite hard. The tightwalking was tough. You have to jump over the traps and I always jump at the wrong time and fall off the line!

A friend of mine does and I tried it out but I guess I am just too old fashion. Going to a gym or working out at home is easier for me rather than thinking I am playing a game while doing it.

The Wii games are much cheaper than a gym membership though. Most people can't afford to go to the gym to work out. I love that there are Wii games that are for exercise and burning calories. I don't mind my kids playing these types of games.

I would much rather play any kind of video game including yoga than go to a gym. The cost of the membership is a biggie, but the inconvenience is a factor, too. With the winter weather coming, that makes video games versus gyms and health clubs an even better option for me.

Agreed zanny - Who wants to bundle up to head to the gym and then go back out in the snow and cold all sweaty! You can get sweaty playing exercise games at home on your Wii. I do think that Wii games are the Best exercise games out of all consoles.

I used to have Wii Fit. It was fun for awhile, but I really don't think it had much to offer in terms of a workout. I also think the first game was better than the sequel that they made.

I had it a few years ago and thought it was fun, but not enough movement was involved to really whip up a good workout in my eyes. I know my hubby was looking forward to this one for months before it came out.

Back