Wii U price drop confirmed

NatureSun

Nintendo has confirmed that Wii U price will drop by 50$ in the coming months.

Is this enough to make you want to buy the console, do you already own it, or is it still not appealing?

Source: Wii U Price Drop Confirmed - IGN

Nintendo has confirmed that Wii U price will drop by 50$ in the coming months.

Is this enough to make you want to buy the console, do you already own it, or is it still not appealing?

Source: Wii U Price Drop Confirmed - IGN

WellI got one already around June and It is mostly for colleting reasons, but I have played it a few times. As for the price drop...In my opinion I still dont think it will make that much of a difference. Since this console was labeled as the 1st next gen. console and it was still 100-150 dolalrs cheaper than curent gen. and it still didnt sell out. I dont think people will grab it. BUT I could be wrong.

Well nobody was buying it, prices had to fall at some point of time. Its an inferior console to ones available in the market but a 50 dollar fall in price might just convince a few to buy it.

Not me though.

Well nobody was buying it, prices had to fall at some point of time. Its an inferior console to ones available in the market but a 50 dollar fall in price might just convince a few to buy it.

Not me though.

Trust me there isnt any thing going for it. Unless your into those kind of games. I think they may have got a little head stront from the success of the Wii. I will agree with GameStop though, this holiay will FOR SURE determine the future of the Wii U

The price drop, combined with the 2014 releases, might just give the Wii U the push it needs. It's kind of sad, though, because they said they were selling it at a loss already. If that was true, they're even worse off now... but they had to do it if they wanted to compete with the X1 and PS4.

Everything seems to be dropping $50 in price, which is definitely something good, seeing how the new generation is coming out soon.
I think that i will end up getting a Wii U now that the price dropped and it has some games i want to try out.

I'm still on the fence about it. While a price drop is awesome, I'm wondering if the game library will make it worth it? That being said I'm looking to replace our broken Wii and I see some bundles have the console WITH the gamerpad so you'd get the pad for Wii U games and have the console you can use regular Wii games on, I assume.

I already have and I'm waiting for 2014 when the library grows something wonderful. It isn't a bad system, but it jumped the gun unfortunately. It should have had the games and the hype there before it showed up... this is an object lesson I guess for them.

@alycat32 - The WiiU has backward compatibility for Wii games, just like the Wii had backwards compatibility for Gamecube. That's one nice thing about Nintendo.

I'm still on the fence about it. While a price drop is awesome, I'm wondering if the game library will make it worth it? That being said I'm looking to replace our broken Wii and I see some bundles have the console WITH the gamerpad so you'd get the pad for Wii U games and have the console you can use regular Wii games on, I assume.

Yes all Wii U's come with a Gamepad and they play Wii games. The 32GB bundle does come with the sensor bar for Wii games if you need it. I actually still play the Resident Evil games from time to time. HUGE Fan of R.E. lol.

Trust me there isnt any thing going for it. Unless your into those kind of games. I think they may have got a little head stront from the success of the Wii. I will agree with GameStop though, this holiay will FOR SURE determine the future of the Wii U

That is so true. They were depending on the success of Wii too much and didn't really put that much efforts into making sure that Wii U is a success as well.

Even the marketing...I mean was there even any? I look at PS4 and Xbox One currently, and then I remember when Wii U was going to launch. The difference is drastic! They barely marketed the console in a way that Sony and MS is doing.

Hopefully Nintendo can get back in their game now.

That is so true. They were depending on the success of Wii too much and didn't really put that much efforts into making sure that Wii U is a success as well.

Even the marketing...I mean was there even any? I look at PS4 and Xbox One currently, and then I remember when Wii U was going to launch. The difference is drastic! They barely marketed the console in a way that Sony and MS is doing.

Hopefully Nintendo can get back in their game now.

It is a big difference lol. And when the X1 and PS4 hit the shelves, in my opinion I don't even think their games will save them. These 2 consoles are going to bush EVERY marketing tool they have and the Wii U will get pushed aside. It is sad because I want Nintendo to over competition...but it is not in any way for console wise.

It is sad because I want Nintendo to over competition...but it is not in any way for console wise.

It is sad but I honestly feel that Nintendo lost as soon as they announced the Wii U. The Wii U feels more like it's competing with the 360 and PS3, so it came out way too late. It's not gonna be competing with the PS4 and X1 now, definitely... it will kind of be its own thing like the Wii was last gen, I guess, but without as much appeal for casual gamers. Ouch.

What a bummer. As I've said, I'm still waiting to see what happens, but I will admit my initial thoughts when I first saw the gamer pad was "why in the heck is that needed?"

Back