Xbox 360 Will Kinect every progress past what it is?

iGreek

What is everyone's opinion on this? Kinect seems to be more of a gimmick currently, then a full blown platform for games. It is slowly progressing, but do you think it will get to the point where you are fully immersed and using Kinect is seamless?

I can't post links yet, but check out the news article on here about Illumniroom. It looks like they're working on making Kinect a much larger part of the Xbox experience. I'm eager to see what the next version of Kinect does...

I can't post links yet, but check out the news article on here about Illumniroom. It looks like they're working on making Kinect a much larger part of the Xbox experience. I'm eager to see what the next version of Kinect does...

I was just about to say that. Illumniroom is so impressive and such a cool idea that it might make the Kinect a more popular motion gaming device than the Wii-mote. Nintendo will be scrambling to make something to compete with Illumniroom and the bar will be raised again. I'm interested to see what happens with the next round of motion gaming peripherals. I don't think the full potential of the Kinect has been reached yet and there's nowhere to go but up.

I'm hearing some amazing stuff where the kinect 2 will be able to read your lips and gauge your mood by reading your facial expression. Holy cow. I just hope the kinect isn't the first machine to gain intelligence and start a war. Hey, I guess they might make great lie detectors if they can read your expression?

The Illumniroom Kinect demo is getting a lot of press but keep in mind that it works by scanning the room from the perspective of the Kinect's location, so if there's two players the best you could hope for is room elimination effects for one of the two players' perspectives.

I can't post links, and I can't remember the site I was on anyways, but one fellow did point out that if you have 120hz 3D, with 2 pairs of "A/B" split-screen mode 3d glasses, and two Kinects attached to helmets worn by both players, and you could also run the projector in 120hz split-frame mode, you could make this effect work for two people, but it'd need a LOT of extra processing power.

So really, for less money/hardware you could just devote a blank wall to a 1080p 120hz projector, and it'd look even better than the demo video. :)

Plus that's something you could re-use for other things like movies, and your computer, it wouldn't be XBox only?

Back