Xbox One Will Star Wars: Battlefront III live up to the hype?

Blackthorne1274

I was a huge fan of the original Battlefront and Battlefront 2. My son and I played countless Galactic Conquest campaigns and many Tatooine and Endor battles (what can I say? We love sniping us some Jawas and Ewoks! hehehe...). So, needless to say that when Pandemic closed down and later when the first rendition of Battlefront 3 was scrapped, I was more than a bit disappointed.

Flash forward to 2013. The teaser trailer for Battlefront 3 graces my Gametrailers app. DICE is at the helm. EA is the publishing powerhouse. I got goosebumps watching that trailer.

I have very lofty expectations as I'm sure everyone else does, as well. Will it live up to them?

I don't know yet. It's always hard to follow up such great titles and I don't see why that should be different here. Sometimes they just run out of ideas.

There is no doubt to anyone im sure, that Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 were a huge part of gaming back in the day and were very well made and very fun games! I think as long as DICE doesn't try to implement most of their BattleFIELD type features then it should be an amazing game! The one thing i am hoping most for in the new one is that third person is still a big part of the game. I never really liked the first person and if there was no third person camera itd just make me kinda sad :/ another thing that im hoping for is for air vehicles to be brought back to land maps. Id always bring squads of troopers to cap a point and itd be a ton of fun, plus it adds another element of threat that you have to deal with.

I remember playing with my friends in my PS2 at the time, it was amazing! One of my most played games at that time. If it lives up to 30% of Battlefront II, I'm pretty sure it will be really good. Until today is one of the best games related to the movie saga.
I've always been a fan of battlefield too, so I trust in DICE to do a great job.

I do hope so, there is speculation that it may just be a a battlefield with a star wars skin slapped on it, even though fans obviously want a game that is stooped in Battlefront game play. But at the end of the day, even though the latter would be preferable a battlefield clone with a star wars skin would still be okay.

I think the fact that they aren't rushing it out is a good sign. I hope they don't change too much about the game's dynamics, but also add some new features to keep things fresh. My guess is that they'll try to tie it into the new movies somehow, or they'll release it a bit before those come out and work on sequels as the films come out. That way they can introduce the new characters and locations from the films and keep things current.

I think the fact that they aren't rushing it out is a good sign. I hope they don't change too much about the game's dynamics, but also add some new features to keep things fresh. My guess is that they'll try to tie it into the new movies somehow, or they'll release it a bit before those come out and work on sequels as the films come out. That way they can introduce the new characters and locations from the films and keep things current.

Provided that the game is good, I would love to see new installments of it as the new Star Wars sequels come out. That would really help to keep the Star Wars universe fresh and up to date.

Back