Xbox One Will the XB1 have free games with gold?

stiflex

From
Vilnius
Hey there, I just wanted to ask a question since I couldn't find the answer anywhere else.

Will the new xbox one console have free games? For example - Planetside 2.

What's your opinion on this, should they make them? Make free 2 play games on the xbox? Is it a good idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
From my understanding, Microsoft said they would do the free games program until the launch of the new console. That means that, as of right now, they will only be doing this up probably until December. The thing about the free games program is that it doesn't necessarily make Microsoft more profitable, it just calms people down while considering the Xbox One. WIth all that said, if there's some sort of data that suggest that the free games are drawing consumers to Xbox Live they may continue it. I have to say that Crackdown is pretty old though, that's almost an Xbox 360 launch title, hope to see some good things coming up in the next few months.

If you really want the Free 2 Play, you have to see the side of Sony.
They have lots of free games that get vennent PS3 and PS4.

Planetside 2
Blacklight Retribution
DC Universe Online
Ridge Racer
Ace Combat Infinity.

I probably forgot a few, but the F2P games are Sony. Microsoft also has its own games for the Xbox One I think.
And anyway, it is still obliged to pay with Free to Play sooner or later.
Then the games-Free to Play is not always great. I know that the next-gen will be a lot of games like this! I can not wait to see what comes of it!

No games are truly free, they all have some kind of a premium model. But Planetside 2 is the one that I would be excited about. It has some insane technical requirements so I can't play it on my PC, but if I get an 8th gen console I will definitely pick this one up.

Xbox ne will have killer instinct and spark but past that we have no clue

Back