Xbox One Wireless headset replacement for A40 Tr with mixamp?

samw5

Been using astro headsets for the last 10 years or so with the various revisions of mixamps. Started with an A30 and not on an A40 Tr with mixamp pro.

I almost exclusively play CoD so hearing someone sneak up on me is key.

I recently had issues with the optical port on the mixamp... Again.
While I absolutely love the Astro sound I'm getting tired of having to replace various pieces when they break (cords, microphones, mixamp, headset). None of them have been under crazy abuse so I'm just a bit tired of having to swap them out every 2 years.

I ordered the brand new Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 for XB1 reading some good stuff about it.
Well this was a complete bummer. While the fit and sound volume was fine, the sound positioning was completely off.
I couldn't point where particular foot steps or gun shots would be coming from, no matter what settings I used. I tried their Superhuman setting which was completely crap.
Not to mention the random disconnects which when in a middle of a game isn't great to have to restart the damn unit.

So back to the search. I know the A50s would probably be the closest to the setup i have but I'm weary of dumping more $$ on their stuff as they just don't last that long.

Arctic 9x, Razer Mark Ultimates or Plantronics RiG 800lx are some options that I was looking at..

Otherwise if sound positioning won't come as close to the wired setup with mixamp I suppose I could order yet another mixamp pro for the time being.... Just hate those wires.

Any input would be appreciated.

Back