Wolf Among Us

WorkingGamer

From
Las Vegas
Just wondering if anyone here has played the Wolf Among Us series or at least plans to, the final episode came out today and I'm about to play it myself.
It's a great series if you haven't heard about it. Fairy Tales, Big Bad Wolf and Snow White for example, are in the human world during the 80's and it's sort of a noir mystery.

http://www.telltalegames.com/thewolfamongus
http://store.steampowered.com/app/250320/
On sale on Steam right now.

As you said, the finale came out today. I have been playing the game since day one, so I'm fairly hyped up, but I haven't had time to download it. I gotta say that The Wolf Among Us has been a fantastic ride so far.

That said, I also have to point out that it feels much more limited in variation to me than The Walking Dead. I think The Walking Dead gets away with more variety from decisions thanks to being set in the world of TWD but not using the existing cast of characters from the comic or show. Meanwhile, The Wolf Among Us is a canon prequel to the Fables comics, so it's obviously much more limited in how much variety it can offer. It's very noticeable to me, specially with how varied TWD Season 2 has been in comparison. Regardless, the story is still great and there is definitely enough variety from the choices to not make them feel entirely pointless.

I look forward to playing through the finale tomorrow (maybe) and then eventually replaying the whole season while I wait for TWD Season 2 episodes to come out.

Ohh sounds interesting. I've never really been interested in telltales games to be honest but from what you are saying wolf among us sounds really cool.

As you said, the finale came out today. I have been playing the game since day one, so I'm fairly hyped up, but I haven't had time to download it. I gotta say that The Wolf Among Us has been a fantastic ride so far.

That said, I also have to point out that it feels much more limited in variation to me than The Walking Dead. I think The Walking Dead gets away with more variety from decisions thanks to being set in the world of TWD but not using the existing cast of characters from the comic or show. Meanwhile, The Wolf Among Us is a canon prequel to the Fables comics, so it's obviously much more limited in how much variety it can offer. It's very noticeable to me, specially with how varied TWD Season 2 has been in comparison. Regardless, the story is still great and there is definitely enough variety from the choices to not make them feel entirely pointless.

I look forward to playing through the finale tomorrow (maybe) and then eventually replaying the whole season while I wait for TWD Season 2 episodes to come out.

It's canon? I didn't know that. Guess it's a good thing that I held off on reading the comics considering the finale is only coming out today. Not that it would have made too much difference obviously.

Still, I'll be waiting for the TBF playthrough of it, like I have for the rest of the episodes.

Yeah, it's canon... but set like decades before the first comic issue.

Anyway, I just played through Ep5 earlier and that was a fantastic episode. It wrapped mostly everything up nicely and there was a nice surprise! It was better than I had expected, honestly.

Yeah, it's canon... but set like decades before the first comic issue.
I figured it wouldn't be too closely related since they wouldn't like to hamper any potential sales by saying that you had to read Fables first. But it'd just bug me if I had read Fables before seeing this anyway. I'm weird like that.

I've never played it before, but judging by the posts in the thread it looks like a great game. I'll make sure to download it and start playing the next time I need a new game as this has definably done straight in to top of the list.

Back