Xbox One Would an upgrde be available?

Xboxfan

I'm curious if an upgrade to the future Xbox 720 would be available. I upgraded to kinect a while ago and I have to admit I'm curious about this new version everyone is talking about.

I don't exactly understand. What do you mean an "upgrade" to the 720? It's not even out yet nor do we even know the full specs outside of rumors and you're already talking upgrade? And you can't "upgrade" to Kinect. It's a peripheral, not a full blown system.

The Kinnect is a system accesory, not an upgrade, and yes several rumors indicate that microsoft is working on the kinnect 2 for the 720

The Kinnect is a system accesory, not an upgrade, and yes several rumors indicate that microsoft is working on the kinnect 2 for the 720

key word: rumors

Also, please cite your sources when talking about things like this.

If I understand you correctly, you're wondering if you would be able to upgrade your 360 to the 720 down the road? I can almost guarantee no. I have no sources, but I'd guess that there will be a whole new motherboard, processor, whatever...in the 720. It's been years since the 360 came out and with the advances in technology, I can't believe they would stick with the same base. In addition, once you open the 360 up, you void the MS warranty, etc. so I doubt MS would have an upgrade that would make you open the system up. Just my two cents.

Back