Xbox One Xbox 360 backwards compatibility problems

Nearbywinter

Thisll be a lengthy one guys, sorry.

I recently noticed doom 3 bfg edition or xbox 360 had been added to backwards compatibility. I then learned that it was not available for digital purchase, so i went and hunted down a second hand disc for the game, disc is in perfect condition.

When i put the disc in my xbox one nothing happens, it doesnt seem to recognise that there's a disc inserted at all. I am aware that the disc data isnt used at all and the disc simply acts as a verification key to prompt you to download a ported version of the game off the xbox cloud, this doesnt happen for me, i have also searched in the my games and apps and not found the game there to download.

Ive looked at all the xbox support articles and followed all the steps, ive downloaded the system update, performed a reset cycle, deleted my profile off the console storage and redownloaded it, turned thr system to power saving mode to turn off the disc instant launch feature incase it was causing an error for the disc drive. Disc drive works fine with all xbox one games i own, and the doom disc as i mentioned is in mint condition so the integrity of the disc is not an issue.

Ive tried all avenues of contacting xbox support and been met with only problems and frustration. Ive requested two calls from xbox support which have been ignored, i posted my question to the gamer experts, and not received an answer, ive tried asking in the community forums but have been met with an http error so it seems the forum might be down? I also tried the option of asking an ambassador, and was given an error and told i need to sign up to be an ambassador to chat to another ambassador, which i did, then when i attempted to chat with ambassador again it opens a link in my browser which contains a chat console which gets stuck loading up and doesnt open completely. Ive tweeted to xbox official support on twitter, and direct messaged them too, but have not been replied to.

On answers.microsoft.com somebody has asked a similar question regarding the 360disc not being recognised, but with fallout 3 instead of doom, and the only advice the moderators seem to be able to give is to try purchasing a digital copy of the game if the disc isnt prompting download/install correctly (which i believe is a very half assed solution to a seemingly unrecognised error with 360 discs which claim to be on backwards compatibility list, telling the user to buy a digital copy when they already have a disc which is supposed to work...which is obviously not a viable solution for me as there is no digital version available for doom3 bfg!)

Anybody have any idea what the hell i can do to get this disc to work correctly please? And maybe some sort of explanation to xbox's flawed customer support system which seems determined on wasting your time too? Getting highly frustrated now as it should not be this difficult

Back