Xbox 360 Xbox 360 Special Edition Chrome Series Gold Wireless Controller Revealed

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
9182724345_8f52051043.jpg

Today, Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson announced the Xbox 360 Special Edition chrome series Gold wireless controller. Featuring the transforming D-pad and available for $54.99 USD in August.

The controller will be available in the U.S. exclusively at GameStop and Microsoft Store locations in addition to select regions worldwide.

Kind of cool, but I bet it gets smeared with fingerprints pretty fast. I'm not really a fan of glossy plastic for that reason. I remember almost buying a similar plastic cover for my GBA (or was it GBC?), but I ultimately decided against it. Plus, controllers have always been way overpriced.

That's eye candy for me, but it can be improved by adding a mix of different colors to it. I do agree with Joker though, every little scratch, fingerprint or stain will show if you use it too many times, which I probably will if I get my hands on these.

Man, that looks neat. Reminds me I really need to pick up a new controller, mine are pretty damn old now... and I don't have any with a transforming d-pad. (The sad thing is that my 360 controllers are mostly being used for PC gaming nowadays)

What I do like is the new grip on the sticks, but I honestly have no idea what they mean about the D-pad. It's cool that they're upgrading the design, but the color itself doesn't appeal to me that much. If I were in the market for a new controller, I'd be inclined to buy one of the new designs, though.

Back