Xbox 360 Xbox 360's God of War?

samsim

Aside from the Assassin's Creed series that I was talking about in another thread, my wife also loves God of War on the Playstation system. Since we don't have the money to buy a PS3 so that she can play the 3rd God of War, I'm trying to find games on Xbox 360 that are similar. Someone at work told me that Dante's Inferno is VERY similar to God of War - is this true? If so, I'd like to pick up a copy as a Christmas present for her.

I think so yes. And honestly, Dante's Inferno is a good game. It definitely borrows heavily from the God of War series, but in a good way. Other games similar to GOW for the 360 are Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and maybe Darksiders. Hope this helps.

I've never played Dante's Inferno before but I can definitely vouch for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow being similar to God of War. If the Dante's Inferno video game is closely related to the epic poem, then it's probably even closer to God of War than Castlevania is.

I remember watching the trailer for Dante's Inferno back when it first came out and thinking it was basically God of War with a new name slapped on the case, so if that's what she's looking for, I'd say Dante's Inferno is about as close as you're going to get without buying a PS3 and God of War itself.

Let us know if you buy it for her, and if she likes it. :)

I've played both games and I can say that in terms of the game play, Dante's Inferno is very similar to the God of War games. However, the story line is significantly different from God of War, so it's not like you'd be buying the same game with a different name.

Back