Xbox One Xbox 720 Hopes

360vixen

What are your hopes and expectations for the next Xbox console (slated to release in 2014)?

I personally can't wait until the Xbox is faster. The load times to do basic things on the 360 are kind of unacceptable. I also hope that with the new console, the focus shifts back to making quality sit-down games instead of Kinect-capable ones.

I want insane graphic, more processing power, kind of reached the limits on the current console. Built in WiFi of course, like the newer lower gb xbox 360s and blueray.

I know this is probably fruitless to fret about, but the next Xbox had better carry over our gamerscores! It would be quite the blow to have to start over fresh.

I'm a fan of Kinect type games and not the sit down games. I am not sure if I will buy the next X-Box, I already own a 360 and the Kinect system. I also own the Wii. I really don't think that the 360 is slow at all.

I want insane graphic, more processing power, kind of reached the limits on the current console. Built in WiFi of course, like the newer lower gb xbox 360s and blueray.

Blu-Ray likely won't ever be introduced onto an X-box console. I think this way because Blu-Ray is a Sony technology, and Sony utilizes Blu-Ray on the PS3 as one of the only remaining benefits it has over the Xbox 360. Of course, Blu-Ray technology on an X-Box console would allow for the storage of much more data on a single disc, but that's not the only technology available for it. In a similar way that the WiiU will be using their own special high-volume disc formats, I'm sure that the new X-Box consoles will have their own format as well.

Though, I get the idea that you'd want it so you can watch movies in the Blu-Ray experience using an X-Box. Yes, that would indeed be very nice.

What are your hopes and expectations for the next Xbox console (slated to release in 2014)?

I personally can't wait until the Xbox is faster. The load times to do basic things on the 360 are kind of unacceptable. I also hope that with the new console, the focus shifts back to making quality sit-down games instead of Kinect-capable ones.

You aren't the only one with load time issues. I despise the fact that, just to navigate through my X-Box Guide, I have to wait a full second for the menu to pop up, and another few seconds for it to load. This is very detrimental to a gamer if, say, he or she is in a heated online match in an FPS. This is a dedicated gaming console, with a button dedicated for this one menu. Would should have instant load times for at least this, and be able to navigate through it like a fish in water.

I hope the 720 has a lot more processing power and speed, and I hope it is incredibly fast to the point of modern gaming computers.

Honestly, the 360 has been pushed to its absolute limits and graphics simply are struggling to get better than they are. They already use full processing capacity; the companies have had to resort to rendering everything in supersmall pixels to get better graphics - which is kinda hefty on the full processor as it is.

However, like people have stated, I hope it carries over our gamer scores! Nothing would be worse, it would like being kicked in the crotch after a sex-change op.

The only thing that I'd be immensely annoyed with is if Xbox 360 and Original games don't carry over to this console - I wouldn't be able to play my old Halo games, and that would really wind me up.

One thing I hope is that they drop having to pay to play online. The services I can care less about. But I don't like being forced to pay for the service just to play things I already paid for. But....wishful thinking it is....

One thing I hope is that they drop having to pay to play online. The services I can care less about. But I don't like being forced to pay for the service just to play things I already paid for. But....wishful thinking it is....

I really don't mind paying to have the service. However, I wish that they would make it faster, more customizable, gamer specific, and interactive. If we do pay for this service, I don't want to be bombarded by ads which want me to buy the latest song by some random artist, etc etc. I just want game stuff on my game console.

I really don't mind paying to have the service. However, I wish that they would make it faster, more customizable, gamer specific, and interactive. If we do pay for this service, I don't want to be bombarded by ads which want me to buy the latest song by some random artist, etc etc. I just want game stuff on my game console.

Yeah, that's something I forgot about, if we have to pay for it, we shouldn't have to deal with the bombardment of advertising. But, people speak with their wallets. And clearly, the people are saying they're fine with it.

Back