Xbox One Xbox 720 release date?

dankcloud

Contributor
I hear rumors that the supposedly Xbox 720 will be released sometime this Christmas. Does anybody believe this, or can confirm this. What are your guys's thoughts on the system.

I don't know but I don't trust rumors. At all. Unless they have some proof. But there's usually no proof at all!

if I had to guess what time they release it, I would have to say November 2013. This would put it in a prime position for holiday shopping and black Friday, which will put a load of money in Microsoft's pocket. All just speculation though.

if I had to guess what time they release it, I would have to say November 2013. This would put it in a prime position for holiday shopping and black Friday, which will put a load of money in Microsoft's pocket. All just speculation though.

I agree. I think that whenever they release it, it will be relatively close to when Sony releases their fourth gen system. At this point, it seems that Sony might be making an announcement soon, which is most likely the best indicator for when the 720 will be released.

Hm, I haven't heard of that but it does sound exciting. I would like to get it for my boyfriend as soon as it comes out. I hope to hear more updates about it, especially legit updates that come from Xbox/Microsoft itself instead of just random rumors.

As of today, there has not been an expected or official release date for the xbox 720, but the estimating from a lot of other forums and gamers would be during the holiday season of 2012.

As of today, there has not been an expected or official release date for the xbox 720, but the estimating from a lot of other forums and gamers would be during the holiday season of 2012.

I think you mean 2013. And I heard it was actually closer to early 2014, but that might be when the PS4 is released.

It's more or less definitely coming out this year. If all the rumors are true, and if Sony is actually announcing the PS4 on Feb. 20, then Microsoft will have its hand forced, and will probably release the Xbox this holiday season.

If Sony does announce the PS4 soon, then its release date would allow us to properly guess the release date of the Xbox 720 or whatever. For now, we play the waiting game.

Yea I don"t think Sony would announce releasing something "big" on that date unless it was the PS4. To me that means Microsoft is right up there with them. I doubt they would let Sony get all the fun with the next wave of next-gen consoles.

Strategically, the release date of the Next-gen XBox should be around the release date of PS4. I however, don't trust the rumors about the release dates and expected features and thus would not confirm anything for you now.

Back