Xbox One Xbox Button now redirects you to the dashboard

ozadin

The original Xbox button directed you to the guide, now it's the dashboard. It minimizes everything while it's still running in the background, and has a lot more options now. You have to ability to play/pause your music, access your games and apps, and your home menu. Hopefully this will start up pretty quickly and have no performance issues.

Xbox One is dropping the Xbox 360's 'Guide' interface, Microsoft has confirmed.

Instead, pressing the Xbox button on the Xbox One controller will now take players directly to the dashboard, shrinking down whatever content they're currently running to the background.

Via Videogamer

I quite like the system from the 360, you could access everything you wanted from within that menu, there was no need to go back to the dashboard when you could have easily done it in a neat little menu. Hopefully they know what they are doing and this will be a change for the better, bad UI's have not really been a problem of the 7th generation so I don't see why they should become one in the 8th gen.

i dont think the 360 is flawed at this point. having to relearn the ins and outs of the one will take a little time.

Interesting to hear, as I'm sure many were pretty fond of the way the Xbox 360 button worked as it pretty much allowed you to access and have full control of the system with only the press of a button. I also agree that it probably won't be necessary to have the button direct you all the way back to the dashboard. Still, I think the best thing to do is to wait and see how it actually works in action before we pass judgment on it.

Back