Xbox 360 Xbox doesn't turn off when I turn it off?

jasonresno

Hey guys,

So I have had my Xbox 360 for about five years now and it's been pretty darn reliable for me. Lately I have run into an issue where, when I turn off the XBOX, the lit ring will go out but the xbox will continue to hum. So I press the power button on and off quickly and then it turns off all of the way. Is this a real issue? It just started doing this the last six months or so and I'm afraid it means that my XBOX is dying. Suggestions or advice welcome!!

Thanks,

jason

Lately I have run into an issue where, when I turn off the XBOX, the lit ring will go out but the xbox will continue to hum.
When you turn off the console does your monitor goes black or does everything stay the same except for the fact the lit ring goes out?

When you turn off the console does your monitor goes black or does everything stay the same except for the fact the lit ring goes out?

So when I turn off the console the TV screen goes black. Everything acts like it is no longer on except that noise is still emitted from the XBOX console. Does it make a difference, do you think? Do you have any experience with this? Really afraid that the thing will take a dive on me and I've been holding off on saving for a new XBOX or XB1.

My console does not turn off automatically like it should either. There is nothing wrong with it, I just noticed it takes about 20 seconds before it goes off fully, rather than shutting off after I click the off button.

So when I turn off the console the TV screen goes black. Everything acts like it is no longer on except that noise is still emitted from the XBOX console. Does it make a difference, do you think? Do you have any experience with this? Really afraid that the thing will take a dive on me and I've been holding off on saving for a new XBOX or XB1.
Will your xbox eventually shut down complete after a short period of time or haven't you tested this yet out of fear it would go corrupt?
If it eventually shut downs after you waited for like half a minute it's probably nothing you have to worry about, as users like mareebaybay having the same issue.

The easiest solution to the problem is simply to get a cord/splitter with a switch on it, and manually turn off the power to the console. If it still turns back on and doesn't have any other hardware issues, I'd say you're fine.

Back