Xbox One Xbox Hates Trash Talkers. Do You? Xbox One Update

Caillou

Former Moderator
From
Iowa
Basically, if you talk trash on xbox one, you will play with other trash talkers. If you play nice, you will be paired with nice people.

What do you think?

[video=youtube;Qi51jwU5FDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi51jwU5FDQ[/video]

The title is misleading. They don't hate anyone, they're making it a more enjoyable service by allowing you to rate people based on how they act online and pair them with others like themselves when playing. Xbox LIVE already has a feature of allowing you to not play with others by using the current rating system on profiles, but I'm not sure whether that actually works or not. This is more like them grouping people like people were grouped in highschool, preps, jocks, nerds, goths, etc.. Nothing about hate.

I'm interested how they will actually determine when to drop your reputation scores other than the obvious blocking or sending "naked pictures". It'll be pretty hard to determine whether or not someone is toxic in a game like Call of Duty just by them cursing, unless they have a xbox live support team in each game which is mostly impossible.

Also, are you actually an Xbox Live Support guy?

I'm interested how they will actually determine when to drop your reputation scores other than the obvious blocking or sending "naked pictures". It'll be pretty hard to determine whether or not someone is toxic in a game like Call of Duty just by them cursing, unless they have a xbox live support team in each game which is mostly impossible.

Also, are you actually an Xbox Live Support guy?
No, I am just a tech wizard about everything xbox. If you ever have any problems. Im your guy.

I think this is a great idea honestly. There are a lot of people who fall into the demographic where they get home from work, school, college or otherwise and just want to chill out. They don't want to hear hate speech, negative things, someone yelling or have an equally negative experience. I know that the rating system in the past wasn't well advertised. I didn't realize I could even do it until one of my buddies let me know when I was talking about a Left4Dead troll. Hopefully there will be greater meaning behind the ratings and it'll produce a better environment for everyone.

i like this idea... honestly...

i am not a good gamer/player on allot of titles my first experiance on cod bo2 was well where i first started playing with the idiots of xbl... i run in a clan of decent good players high ranked wil great kill streaks... they use me as their dummy... i creat the game and lobby since my kill streak and general playing os on the lower end i get put with less competative playes more than they do.. which for the first hour of playing means we straight rape people.. after that the pairing starts to bump us up into classes of players i cant play with... but what really ends of happning is a endless screaming match of vulgar names and your momma and ill do this to u.. stuff... and it gets old... i cant play cod without my head phone because then it broadcasts thru the house. i sware cod games are jar head immature kids... but in all honesty its 99% of that commnity..

i do play with people who have young kids and do walk away from controler from time to time to attend to family stuff.. and get back on in a safe place in the game. im use to playing with both but much prefer the adults who just enjoy the game and general conversation... you can pare me with a crying kid or a barking dog than some high strung juced up marine or 12yr who thinks he is rambo anyday..

i just hope it dosnt effect me getting to play with decent people in general on harder games.. i learned allot from the clan i ran with in cod stuff i wouldnt know with a normal gamer same with boarder lands2 ive got a few people i like to play with... but if u get in a room and people start disliking you and tagging you for no reason otherthan im not some killer gammer and i cant shoot 40+people a round and get a bad rep for that over me just being a casual gamer who enjoys the fun. ive had people sware i was a cheater up and down on bl2 it had nothing to do with me.. someone gave me all the rare guns.. its all i wanted i still play with no hacks or patches just gifted guns and money.. i played the game myself and ranked up normal... and got fairley decent in it. just worried how other players rate that might affect the normal man.

Well, hey! This is a pretty damn good feature. I hope people don't end up exploiting it somehow so that the trash is separated from the nice people.

Ok, sure, the idea sounds good but it's almost impossible to really have such a thing... I don't see a plce without trolls, little kids that rage on stupid things and so on, because, let's face it... that's xbox. This idea sounds good, but I really think this is just a marketing stunt by Xbox to keep fans close in hopes of having a better experience. But you can't stop the internet, not even on xbox.

Ok, sure, the idea sounds good but it's almost impossible to really have such a thing... I don't see a plce without trolls, little kids that rage on stupid things and so on, because, let's face it... that's xbox. This idea sounds good, but I really think this is just a marketing stunt by Xbox to keep fans close in hopes of having a better experience. But you can't stop the internet, not even on xbox.

with the ability to mute a player and the fact it will store that data along with people hitting the report a player it could verry well work. i think their is a ton of people who play the games right and are not 12yr ragers.. look at all the people who play and dont put a mic in or you dont hear them at all with a mic in.. they could be setting the mic down to not listen to the vulgar trash talk off their tv..

i am only taking what ive seen on cod as my example.

Uh huh, trash talking? I enjoy trash talking. Especially if I am able to prove that I'm a lot better than the trash talker. Lol. If Microsoft would be able to mute or even kick out trash talkers, then what would our conversations be like?

"Dear sir, I just blasted your head of with a sniper rifle."

"Yes, I noticed. Fear not though 'cause my troops shall avenge my downfall!"

Hmmm, sounds pretty good...

This is a cool feature. I'm glad that Microsoft has acknowledged that many of us would rather not be matched up with imbeciles, and now it's going to be less likely. Justice is also done in that the more aggressive types get paired up with others of the like, so I'm definitely supportive.

The one thing I hated the most about online play was all the prepubescent idiots who ran their mouths as if they were dropped at birth or something, especially when it came to fps games. This is a huge relief and a nice upgrade that actually leans me toward preordering a system. If in the coming months there are more improvements like this rating system, Microsoft will definitely redeem itself and it'll be tougher to choose between which system to get first. Looking forward to what else they have in store.

Well, hey! This is a pretty damn good feature. I hope people don't end up exploiting it somehow so that the trash is separated from the nice people.

I have a feeling that this will happen, people will be good and get reported for being trash talkers so they dont end up with each other. But the good person will end up being paired with more trash talkers. So now that i look at it, this will be not very effective.

This is definitely all about the rating system. Right now on the 360 there's just the 5 star rating system and you say "Oh this guy is a prick" or "Good."

The rating system is going to have to be overhauled and there's going to have to be something that watches for data that doesn't make sense. If someone has 10 awesome reviews and then 1 scathing review, you'll have to assume its either just someone being mean or that he was having a bad night. How you deal with the actual system I'm not sure. You can't segregate the entire Xbox Live experience probably, but with the right rating system you can at least make it work properly.

This is definitely great that Microsoft thought of something like this as online play can get pretty hectic and out of control sometimes. Still, I think the best thing to do is just wait and see how practical it is and if it will actually work. Like someone else said, this could end up being exploited and good, decent players could end up with a negative rep just because someone else or even a few people don't like them. Also, what if all the trolls just rate each other positively? I guess time will tell and we'll see what happens.

It's kind of weird. Most of my friends and I IRL would run out things to say if we're nice to each other all the time. When you are in a game and the dirt starts flying, grab a shovel! They shouldn't brand people who lose it sometimes. I don't talk dirt but some of the funniest things I have heard are from guys who talk trash.

I like the idea of this but I'm not sure how well it'll work. There are always way around the system. It depends on how it's determined.
The idea of separating the two will make Live more enjoyable for those who don't play on Live because of the trash talkers.
No matter what game you play, though, you will find trash talkers and trolls.

haha this isn't gonna work at all, It's gonna be like the "skill" rankings in games now and say that it does but your trueskill level 2 is still gonna go up against a 47...

I love trash talkers and being one myself, it's part of the meta game of competitive gaming if you can make me angry enough to where I play without thinking about strategy then you deserve to win as you beat me mentally and vice versa

I like the current feedback system they have, too. If I play with someone who thinks it's funny to steal everyone else's kills and spoil the experience for everybody, I should be able to avoid them. There are also people who I just find generally unpleasant, and it should be at my discretion whether I avoid them or not. What they're doing with the Xbox One sounds good, especially since I haven't had a good experience with matchmaking in the past.

I like the idea of it, if it is implemented well, but the jerks that ruin it for everyone will figure out an exploit and ruin it for us again. I just usually play multi-player with my friends and use party chat. It mutes all the 10 year olds...

Back