Xbox 360 Xbox Kinect better than Wii for sedentary kids

Upallnight

According to an article published in TIME magazine, the Xbox Kinect is better for sedentary kids than the Wii is. The reasoning is because the Kinect requires whole body movements, and with the Wii you only to have move your hand.

That doesn't surprise me at all. There are times that I wake up the next morning after playing Kinect with friends where my body is actually sore from playing. You don't realize it at the time, but I think it's a way better option for kids that aren't as active. Here's a link to the article you mentioned: Xbox or Wii: Which Is Better for Sedentary Kids?

The Kinect requires you to stand way to far back and ACTUALLY move 24/7.
I prefer the Wii because I can still play games while sitting down, i just don't like the feel of the Kinect. I think it needs to be tweaked a little.

The Kinect requires you to stand way to far back and ACTUALLY move 24/7.
I prefer the Wii because I can still play games while sitting down,

Lazy bum! Just kidding!! I actually love the Kinect for that reason. It makes me more active. Plus I like not having to keep a controller in my hands.

Yeah that doesn't surprise me at all for the reasons listed. I think a lot of the fitness games make you work harder with the kinect since you can't really "cheat" the way you can with the wii. I had picked up a Jillian Michaels game for the wii but it was pretty useles. When they wanted you to run it was basically nothing more than walking in place on the balance board. I think the Kinect will give you a much better work out. I have been leery to pick up another one since though. I guess I need to look and see if the library has any available.

Back