Xbox Live “Ultimate Game Sale”

meh, kinda wish it wasn't such old mediocore games. I mean it's like fable 3 (don't get me wrong free is still free and I love it) we get some game that was insainely over hyped while psn+ gets deus ex? I mean is Perfect Dark Zero even worth 3 bucks anyway?

I seen this, and Borderlands 2 definitely caught my eye. I think if Microsoft contiues these sort of deals into the next gen, it would put more money into the pockets of the developers. Why go to Gamestop and pick up a used game when I can get a digital copy for less, and not even have to leave the house?

Good selection, but unfortunately I don't have the money for them right now. I wish I had known ahead of time so I could have saved some money. I'm planning on buying Borderlands 2 on Steam during the Summer sale, whenever that rolls around, so I suppose it's not that big a deal.

bl2 is proably the best loot/shoot or shooter game on 360... it stomped all over cod in the polls and gaming titles. if u can get it or have the money do it... the last dlc was just released and the game is hella fun. has great story line and can not wait for season pass(2) which is a semi rumor or the development of bl3... which is shaping up to be a wild game.

now far cry3 looks like a good buy for me at the 19.99 like bl2 and ass creed3...

and your right if xblive can pump out deals like steam and get pricing right it will push the drm and xbl sales/developers and cut out gamestop... which is what i said from day 1..instead of forcing drm and that on customers do it slowley and with good intent on both ends.... look at the talk so far people are happy no disk cheap good games and online download. everything drm is but without the nasty taste in peoples mouth. i actually like my fable3 and recent new dlc without a disk... and will proably be paying atttention to live market place for deals more often.

Wow, 1. BIG thanks for the heads up on this, I never would have known as I've disconnected my Ethernet from my 360 but, will be swiftly pluggin' it back in now!

2. Is BL2 really that good? I mean, I bought BL(1) and honestly, I just weren't feelin' it. It was so back and forward, all on foot and kinda well, boring really. I got over the cartoony graphics quite quickly which was had initially made me question the game but, in the end, it was the slow game play the let it down for me.

What has BL2 got over BL(1)?

What has BL2 got over BL(1)?

I thought Borderlands 2 was pretty fun, but I would say it was really very similar to the first one as far as I can tell, but just with nice additions and new missions, etc. While overall it is better, I mean, if you weren't into the first one, I doubt the 2nd would make much of a difference to you. I think the game has a great sense of humor, and there's some really fun missions and bosses. I played it a decent amount and I'm barely into FPS anymore. I found the sniping to be really fun in particular. I played a little of the first DLC, but I kind of lost interest after that.

Good selection, but unfortunately I don't have the money for them right now. I wish I had known ahead of time so I could have saved some money. I'm planning on buying Borderlands 2 on Steam during the Summer sale, whenever that rolls around, so I suppose it's not that big a deal.

Yeah, the Steam Summer sale is probably right around the corner. I hope it's not like last year, where they crammed in the sale during the last days of Summer. You could buy it on Amazon right now for $15 if you really want it, they give a Steam code as well I believe. You could always wait for the Steam sale as well if you feel the price will be cheaper.
Amazon.com: Borderlands 2 [Online Game Code]: Video Games

This is a great initiative from Microsoft, with all the amazing sales we get on the PC, there's no reason why consoles can't do the same.

bl2 should be if not was voted game of the year iirc.. it is similar to bl1... but it is improved on in many ways...

if you play the game right their is actually dont hack the game or cheat/boost it is has a ton of potential and isnt a walk in the park. which to me is what some games lack. not every game needs to be easily won i dont mind dieing if i am actually in a tough situation.. in bl2 this can happen fairly easily once your up in rank or arnt gunned properly. the game has a slew of guns/ways to equip and build your character and you can always change up your play style if you get tired of it. you can hack/cheat and still have fun by giving yourself all the rare guns and unlimited loot/money which isnt a badthing

the cartoonish graphics are just that... but they are a step above the bl1 their is also a serious amount of gameplay that can be had. once you beat the game their are 3 teirs of ranking you cna replay same character and the game does get harder... normal, vault hunter mode, ultimate vault hunter mode... and yes they do get hard

i honestly cant wait for a bl3 or if they do release a bl2(seson 2 pass) i will buy it. the added dlc content actually is still part of the story and will add to what bl3 will be at some point. they have already layed some of the storyline for bl3 with the ending of bl2..

Yeah, the Steam Summer sale is probably right around the corner. I hope it's not like last year, where they crammed in the sale during the last days of Summer. You could buy it on Amazon right now for $15 if you really want it, they give a Steam code as well I believe. You could always wait for the Steam sale as well if you feel the price will be cheaper.
Amazon.com: Borderlands 2 [Online Game Code]: Video Games

I get the feeling it may go down to either $9.99 or some weird number like $13.49. I get a lot of good (and relatively new) games during the Steam sales, and it's almost a certainty that Borderlands 2 will be on sale this Summer. The only question is about how much it will cost.

I'm generally not a fan of digital games on consoles, but I would make an exception for an exceptional game.

Back