Xbox One Xbox Music expands to Android, iOS, and the web

jstep

Former Moderator
From
The D
Do I see a bit of competition for Pandora, Spotify and those other music sites? I'm a longtime Spotify girl, so it will be interesting to see how their music library compares to Spotify, which seems to have the best music library around. Pricing for the Xbox Music Pass is right on par with their competitors, at $9.99 US a month and $99.99 US for a year subscription. Like Pandora, they do offer a free option that will have ads. Streaming on Windows 8 will remain free. Anyone planning on switching now that this is available? The web app is available now and can be listened to here.

the company is pushing out many features first to Windows and Windows Phone, aiming to make the experience on its own platforms best and first. For example, a new feature in Windows 8.1 automatically creates Xbox Music playlists by scanning websites for songs, using the sharing feature inside the Microsoft operating system.

Via Geekwire

Pretty cool they are expanding. My wife uses Xbox Music ALL the time at home. Works well.

I use Spotify at home, work and in the car. I'll have to try out the iOS app before I consider switching.

Well, I currently have a Zune HD, so that's what I've been using for the past three years or so, but if they are willing to make a real app that is comparable for Android, I would definitely put it on my phone, especially if it will allow me to sync my music.

I guess that is fine, but am i the only one who never heard of Spotify before? Maybe i been out of the loop too long to know stuff that isn't games, nowadays.

I guess that is fine, but am i the only one who never heard of Spotify before? Maybe i been out of the loop too long to know stuff that isn't games, nowadays.

Well I'm out of the loop, but I was aware of spotify. lol

I heard of it but never used it. I now a buddy who uses it and thats about it

I loath to replace things that are working well, and I am Windows 7 and it invoked more than a little bit of nerd rage in me that it wasn't available on Windows 7.

But, you still can download the Zune application, which to me is much more usable than Xbox Music. It's a lot more organized, but I haven't been back in since I ran out that night to find the download link for me to use on 8.

Back