Xbox Netflix App

Jocelyn

I have an Xbox in the living room and a Roku in the bedroom, both of which stream Netflix. Recently, the Xbox Netflix app changed, so that you cannot select a specific episode of a given TV show without starting the show first. With the Roku, on the other hand, you can select the TV show, then select the specific episode, and then play the show. (This is how the Xbox Netflix app used to be.)

Is there any way to change the Xbox Netflix app back, so that you can select the episode you want to watch before starting the show?

I don't think there is a way to change it back, unfortunately. I know what you're talking about, and it gets on my nerves, too! When you select a TV show and it doesn't default to the episode you want to watch, what really gets on my nerves is the fact that when you try to select a different episode, it causes the current episode to glitch and freeze, and then you can't do anything until the app un-freezes.

I am pretty sure that there is not a way to change it back. All we can hope for is that enough people will complain and they will change it back!

I have actually looked into this but I haven't found anything. Actually, Netflix in general has just gone further and further downhill for the last year or so.

I think that's really stupid on the Xbox Netflix app's part. It should work just like the Roku. I too have the Roku. It's on the TV downstairs and we use the Netflix Xbox app for the game room TV.

press play and then there is a choose episode button even before the show starts... why is that so hard

We quit using the Netflix app because it just wasn't that great. The stuff that was available for streaming was pretty crappy. That was a couple years ago though, has it changed? Do they actually stream things from this decade?

I didn't even try to use Netflix from the Xbox, is it really that bad? I'll stick to the classics, I'm getting old anyway for all these changes :D I still think consoles should be for games only.

press play and then there is a choose episode button even before the show starts... why is that so hard

I don't think being hard is the issue. The issue is nobody should have to do that little extra just to play the show they want. Especially because every other device that streams Netflix allows the person to go to whatever shows they want without the extra hassle.

Back