Xbox One Xbox One and Design: Perspective from the Xbox One Design Team

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
[video=youtube_share;1BlhvX0D6ow]http://youtu.be/1BlhvX0D6ow[/video]​

The creative minds behind the design of Xbox One discuss the driving forces behind the new system's design.

I like the physical appearance of the Xbox. It looks clean and sleek, which I really like. They didn't mention anything about custom or different colored consoles though. From this video, I can only see the black Xbox, and it seems like it was pretty hard to design. Hopefully they will offer other colors though.

To be honest, how the console looks isn't a huge factor for me. I do think the Xbox One looks very sleek and nice but I don't care about that at all.

I also found like this video was all about "expressionism" and "Microsoft as company" which is not something I'm interested in seeing.

Honestly, I'm not completely sold on the look of the Xbox One. It looks ok but I think it looks a bit chunky and big.
It might grow on me though as I wasn't too keen on the 360 design when it first came out.

I like the look of the console, yes it's just a big black box but you are going to have that on display in the living room of many types of houses so I guess it's the best option as it looks sleek, modern and discreet.
What I don't like is how BIG it is, it just screams of a lite version coming out in a couple of years.

The way I see it, a rectangular box is basically the shape that makes the most sense. Most people stack them in their entertainment centers with devices like DVRs and receivers that are also usually black boxes. When you shrink in the sides like the 360, I don't think it makes too much of a difference when you're stacking them anyway. I think this Xbox's design is a bit more mature and functional. At the end of the day though, it's what's inside that counts!

It's not like i buy the consoles because they are a piece of art, but come on, they could at least give them a nice design to look at, not just an old VCR design with a few sleek edges.

The Xbox One does look very sexy and sleek, no doubt. I just hope there are absolutely no hardware malfunctions to speak of - I'm looking at you, 360 Launch. I love the 360 Controller though and really cannot get used to the PS controllers so I'm also really excited for the new controllers.

I think the console looks really great, but honestly it's not all that much different from the 360 from what they've shown so far. Yes, there are some new additions, but nothing too radical. E3 may be a make it or break it time for Microsoft to fully unveil all the final, official details, since so many people are still up in the air about getting one. But for me, even if I was buying one, I'm really only interested in its gaming capabilities. Everything else is just fluff.

Back