Xbox One and MS Flight Sim

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by L-M Collins, Jan 10, 2022.

1. L-M Collins

L-M Collins New Member

Recently bought the discs for MS Flight Sim having read online that the x series discs are compatible. However, when I put them in the machine they can't be read. Anyone have any suggestions to get it to work? T.I.A.

jj rice likes this.
  2. PhoenixTheFwuff

PhoenixTheFwuff New Member

Stationed somewhere in New York.
    Salutations! Have you tried cleaning the discs? They may be dirty to the point they won't be readable. Also, what error message is popping up when it fails to read? Knowing that will help us solve this if the method above didn't work.

jj rice likes this.
  3. L-M Collins

L-M Collins New Member

Yes, discs cleaned and I've checked that the xbox works with other discs. It doesn't give an error, it just won't read it. Literally nothing happens when i put the disc in. I can't seem to open it anyway but I've also no idea if there is a tab or button I can select to force the 'read' to happen.

jj rice and PhoenixTheFwuff like this.
  4. PhoenixTheFwuff

Salutations! Thank you for responding. This may not be a problem I can solve, and you may need to go get your Xbox fixed at a local store that specializes in doing so, or the store you bought said Xbox from.

jj rice likes this.
  5. L-M Collins

L-M Collins New Member

Thank you but I don't think the XBox is broken. I'm just not sure the disc is compatible as I know that microsoft want us to all buy a new xbox every time they release one. So my question is more will an X or S series gaming disc work in an Xbox one? TIA

6. PhoenixTheFwuff

Salutations, once again! I'm 99% sure the Xbox Series X/S console discs are not compatible with the Xbox One line of consoles.

L-M Collins likes this.
  7. L-M Collins

L-M Collins New Member

Thank you :)

8. PhoenixTheFwuff

You're welcome! Feel free to create another thread if you have anymore questions relating to a different topic. Have a great day/night!