Xbox One XBOX One controllers keep disconnecting!!!

Rainman2112

Having a tough time with my controllers maintaining connection with my XBOX One. I'll start the XBOX with the controller and randomly after 20 seconds to 20 minutes or sometimes more, the controller just disconnects. I bought the XBOX One new in June 2015 and never had an issue with it until about 3 months ago when I brought it from one location to another in a padded bag - there was no damage, dropping, or rough transport. I have the same issue with ALL FOUR of my controllers - two old and two new.

What I've done so far:
I've sat directly in front of the XBOX with nothing in between the console and the controller.
I've moved the XBOX to another TV and room with the same problem.
The batteries are fully charged, some older and some new - all show a full or near full charge.
I've resync'ed each of the controllers to the XBOX with the side sync button numerous times.
I've rebooted the console by holding the power button for 10 seconds multiple times.
I've updated the software on all the controllers.
I've updated the software on the XBOX One.
I've even reset the XBOX One (kept the saved games/downloads) with the same problem.
I can connect with a USB directly to all of the controllers with the same problem

I have exhausted the troubleshooting completely and have no idea what to do next. The guide is saying replace the controller, but seriously? All FOUR controllers with the SAME issue occurring at the SAME time?!? What has happened to my XBOX and is it fixable? I find that hard to believe. Help!!!

Frustrated Owner :-(

Last edited:
Back