Xbox One Xbox One Dashboard Screen Captures

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
Here are some screen captures of the Xbox One Dashboard. So Microsoft was quick to remove the YouTube video, but thanks to Y2Kev (@ NeoGaf) we have these lovely pictures.

1.jpg

You select the currently active game it seems like here:
3.jpg

Then it loads full screen
4.jpg

and end ups in the game:
5.jpg

While you're in the game you press the Guide button the game continues to play:
6.jpg
(Which allows you to do other stuff in the XB1 OS when waiting in a match making lobby for example. Assuming there aren't special cases for networking that disable this multi-tasking.)

More pics:
8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

As we already knew, it is very much like Windows 8. Seems pretty cool and looks very sleek. I'm excited to try it out. I kinda wish I knew how to get into the beta.,..maybe next gen lol. What do you guys think of the interface?

Souce: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672637

Edit: Found a copy of the video Microsoft hasn't had their lawyers pull down. Check it out here- http://kotaku.com/watch-some-hot-sexy-xbox-one-dashboard-action-right-no-1274487845/1275090651?autoplay=1

I actually really like it. It may appear to confusing at first but after I had learned more about windows 8 on my wife's new laptop it's really easy to work with. I like how you can multitask with a game running. It will be interesting how much you can do while the game is still running in background.

Eugh. I hate the Windows 8 look. I wish they'd do something that looks like the Blades from the, uh, older Xbox 360 dashboards. Now those looked slick.

Im happy with it. Since I have a WP8 and my wife uses W8 alot Im used t it now. Wont be hard at all to get used to it.

I think showing off the video would be a better way to do it, but i guess the difference isn't much. It's Windows 8 with a lot of Green instead of blue and purple. You either like it or hate it.

I'm sure there will be thousands of people screaming, "but you can only use Windows 8 with a touchscreen! Oh, noes, it's ruined! I can't use my controller now!

It looks good, I'll have to go watch the video.

I feel like the main design flaw of the live tile design is that all of the "icons" (tiles) basically look the same and have very little visual interest. I believe icons should be visually different to help you create an association and then navigate quickly to it. The iPhone homescreen is an example, I've learned to very quick hit the blue icon in the general area I put the weather app to get it without thinking, or that the green one at the bottom is the phone app, etc. When I used a Windows Phone, they're all big red squares with a white symbol in them, or they're a tile created by a 3rd party app that looks totally different, usually an image that takes up the whole tile. I also think its a bit clunky looking instead of sleek, which is what I would want from an Xbox. Just my opinion.

Back