Xbox One Xbox One Expected to Outsell PlayStation 4 in the UK

Oakster

Do you guys think the DRM change was so important as to completely change the sales predictions?

So unlike here in the US, the British retailer sees the Sony PlayStation 4 coming in at number-two in the rankings, though didn’t offer any indications as to the margin between the two. The PS4 may have taken an initial lead in most circles after preorders began, but other retailers including Amazon have now stated that the Xbox One has overtaken its Sony rival in some weeks.

The shift in interest could have something to do with Microsoft’s recent backtracking over its controversial DRM plans for the Xbox One. The Redmond software giant had initially planned to impose restrictions whereby players would not be able to play used or re-sale games without paying a fee – something that did not go down well with the gaming community. The backlash was huge and the decision was ultimately reversed.
Via: HighLight Press

There's really no way to know as of right now since this is just speculations. Both the PS4 and Xbox One has been sold out on many of the online marketplaces, so this means they are two very close competitors. Too bad they won't release how many are pre-ordered at the moment. This is also very similar to the election, the Xbox One will sell a lot in one place, while the PS4 will sell a lot in another place. We'll find out which one is the true successor once we get real numbers.

I wouldn't look at numbers until the holiday season, and even then I don't think it says much. I know many people who aren't going to be pre-ordering either console, so using pre-orders as a measuring stick isn't a good one.

I doubt if that could ever happen for one, The Brits are a people that are a little but difficult to convince them to change their taste, but who knows, maybe the rumors are right and it could happen. Lets just wait and see.

I'll take this with a grain of salt. Like others have stated, it's really too early to tell what the sells for both consoles will be like, as they've both been selling out like crazy. The only thing we can really do currently is just wait until the consoles are released and see where it goes from there. PS4 does have the price advantage going for it though.

Back