Xbox One Xbox One Hardware Changes

PB7

Former Administrator
So with the rumor that the Xbox One might be going to 12 gigs of RAM do you guys think that their looking at anything else in the system to change? Not sure how much stock to put into rumors like these but since their is smoke.... Wondering what else MS may be looking at if they are.

Would be interesting if they revamped hardware at this point.

I have herd a rumor about a bigger hard drive with full game install this was when drm+kinect. But those rumors died fast with the 180..

I'd like to see better ram ddr5 like ps4 or something newer possibly more hd or a hybrid ssd hard drive

i hope this is true been hearing this rumor a lot hopefully if it 's true it pans out

Maybe, if not those exact numbers. One of the biggest things that the Xbox 360 lacks in terms of hardware is more RAM. When the 360 first came out, it was somewhat comparable to high-end PCs, but nowadays it's long been surpassed by the changing technology. Game consoles have to adapt just like any other kind of technology.

I think it's not going to be implemented to be honest. Now that they have petitions and people demanding they bring their DRM policies back, it stresses Microsoft out a lot. They already removed all the DRM's and rebuilding the Xbox One from scratch without the policies, but if they go through with this, they have to mass produce them AGAIN. They most likely have a blueprint with all their policies, but it will be a lot of time wasted since it can be used for better features like the 12GB RAM. I wouldn't find it that hard to implement since they are rebuilding the Xbox One. Hopefully they'll add in a little more storage as well.

With 4 months to go a hardware change is a huge undertaking I can see more hd space but a revamp of ram/hd and the written structure are unlikely if not near pointless.

xbox probably had 100s of prototypes and went with the hardware in this I would suspect they already have a working xbox one with the 12 gig of ram already up and running also the xbox one dev kits already have 12 gigs of ram I herd they might be over clocking the cpu I also read some thing in eurogamer that said the cpu or gpu cant exactly remember was found out to theoreticly have 192g im not a tech person by anymeans so I wont go into great detail ill post you the link change the e for world wide web

eee.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-memory-better-in-production-hardware

This far into launch I would think dev kits are all hardware specific. I don't think they have multiple ram/hd/processor platforms running around. I'm sure the company them self would run bigger hardware as they have every graphics card processor type at their disposal..

I would even go as far as the GameStop demo/conference and the other big expo coming up having a better xb1 than what hits the shelf but I don't think it's as over the top as people are led to believe. They may run modified units to showcase games and a stable running platform but the closer we get the launch the more off the shelf it will become.

I wouldn't be surprised if the xb360 at expos aren't hoped up on same general platform and units that were rrod that they had laying around.

The whole they ran on computers at e3 is old news. They have been doing that for years. Ps/Xbox/Nintendo all have done that. And I don't flat them or blame them

I didn't think they could alter the hardware like that at the last moment, but then again they do have an entire four months to compete. I wouldn't expect any drastic changes to design or architecture, however. More RAM seems very easy to accomplish, and I don't think any developer wants to go back to square one to improve the system massively over the PS4, although I agree, it would be very interesting to see what they could do. They have budgets to adhere to as well, so I hardly think they have any major changes in store.

Yea I never gave price point an option with the price already set and the 100 more than ps4 I can't see them doing a whole lot at this point. More ram possible but nothing major. I'd like ram yes. Also depending on cloud storage per console would be interesting to find out.

Back