Xbox One xbox one hdmi 3d/4k display capable.

sc_shark

I didn't know the Xbox One was going to be 3d capable. I'm sure the 4k TV's are expensive but the hdmi is included in the box(very nice). Guess i need to start looking for TV's again:( The rest of the article is more about the Xbox One unboxing that was done earlier this week.

The Category 2 HDMI cable in the box is capable of outputting on 1080p, 3D and 4K displays. This is arguably no less than you'd expect, but Microsoft could have plumped for a cheaper option – so fair play. Equally welcome is the step up in Xbox One's wireless adaptor, which now works on dual-band 2.4ghz and 5ghz frequencies.

Via: The Guardian

Thanks for posting the info. I too was very much unaware that the Xbox One would be formatted for 3D TV's. Also like you said,OP 4K TV's are certainly expensive and i doubt they will become too manstream anytime soon. In addition, it'a also grear to hear that Microsoft have improved the wireless adapter of the Xbox One. Can't wait until the system is released.

I had the oportunity to see a 4k screen personally and i have to say, it's just like one of those futuristic screens that appear on the movies. The picture quality is something out of this world and the sound just blows you away. But that price... i guess this will turn out something normal a few years from now, but until then, it's only a thing for rich people.

I would love to play some next generation games on that thing, it would have looked incredible!

ive got friend with one and we play his 360 on it.. it is crazy clear.
i wa unaware it was formatted or capable of both as well.. glad it was a intreting news feed.

There is actually a brand on amazon that is reasonably priced.

the crazy thing is if u look at one of the threads i posted about tv's for gaming...

i was pushing a off name brank tv... the seiki digital... it is one of the entery level 4k based tv's and it is a great tv ;) lol
Seiki SE39UY04 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

Seiki SE39UY04 39 inch LED 4K 120Hz Ultra HDTV | eBay

Seiki 39 Class LED 4K Ultra HDTV - 2160p, 3840 x 2160, 16:9, 120Hz, 5000:1 Dynamic, 6.5ms, 3x HDMI, VGA, USB (SE39UY04) at TigerDirect.com

if you are a paypal/bill me later you can get the tv intrest free for 6 months. thats really not a bad deal. fwiw its the same tv i have and love it.

Reading the specs on the seiki 4K sets reveals only 30hz refresh @ 4K, 120hz @ 1080p. May not be so great for gaming if running at 4K.

As much as 4k TV's/monitor are fairly rare these days, they certainly aren't out of reach. I think that it would be great to see Microsoft get behind it and support 4k displays, because it truly is a next generation technology. This would let them stand out from the competition a little bit. But having said that, I don't really blame them if they don't want to do it because like I said, it is rather rare to see 4k TV's, but I think that as we move into the generation over the next even 10 years, I think that we will see them more often, so perhaps it might b ea good idea to invest in it now.

Back