Xbox One xbox one hdmi input question

toxic2thehead

will we be able to use a device like the One For All - SV 1620 Smart HDMI Switch on a xbox one hdmi input? I know that major Nelson said we could hook up our 360 to the hdmi port but if we want to hook up the cable box do we have to unhook the 360? just don't want to do the shuffle every time I want to input something different. It would be nice if the xbox one was really an all in one.

I haven't read where you can hook up your 360, but I know the cable box would require an HDMI input. And it only has 1 HDMI input.

it has 1 input 1 output.. unless their is a hdmi bank you will have to shuffle.

Hopefully, I can plug the X360 HDMI line thru XONE HDMI IN connection and somehow play the old non-compatibility games.

Hopefully, I can plug the X360 HDMI line thru XONE HDMI IN connection and somehow play the old non-compatibility games.

they have already confirmed that you can do this. 360 in to xb1 than ur out to the tv...

Does anyone know how this will work with cable boxes? I am really new to this and was just thinking of how this will work. I know they said that DVR and stuff will not work yet, just menus and the such. My question is, if I run the cable box HDMI to the xbox, then the xbox to the TV, will I still be able to use my cable remote like normal if I don't want to use the xbox, like to watch my DVR or On demand stuff? Or will I have to shuffle wires constantly? Lets say I have a guide set up on the xbox, but today I want to watch a channel that I didn't program on the Xbox, can I just pick up my old cable remote and click the channel and the old cable guide will come up? Or will the xbox run interference and I have to turn it off to be able to view cable normally or the current way I am using it? Anyone know?

Sorry for the noob questions, I just preordered mine a few days ago and now I am trying to understand how to hook it up and how it works.....

Thanks

Its probably a pass through with the Xbox off so that would mean it wouldn't have to be on. If not then probably going to have to turn it on to watch tv. Going to have to wait until reveal more details on what the system can do with these functions. Where did you end up pre-ordering from Vortimous?

I preordered from Best Buy last Sunday.....

But what you are thinking is that if its off, even though the cable is running threw the xbox, then it will work just like your cable does now... and if its on, it can also work just like it does now using the cable remote or you can use the xbox stuff if you choose???

Thanks

Back