Xbox One XBOX ONE headset issue

Trevor Weldon

Hi

since monday my nephews headset will not work anymore, there is no sound coming from it and he cannot use the mic either, we have tried another headset and another controller ( both mine and working fine ) same issue on his will not work, we also looked online and checked the settings in xbox etc all are correct, we have also done a "soft " factory reset but to no avail, any ideas on this as it is really strange?

Hi,
My first noob post.
Anyways, yesterday April 26, my xbox did an update and I lost my headphones access.
Note these are Astro A10's, they connect via the 3.5m jack.
Basically now when you plug them in, they are not recognised anymore?
I've tested with 3 controllers and two pairs of Astro A10's, no luck.
I did 2 full system restores, no luck.
I updated controller firmware, no luck.

The only thing I can think of is its something to do with the insider program. I opted out yesterday as well so maybe the next update might fix the issue?

Its really hard to find much support as it thinks all headset issues are chat related, thats not the case here.

Note I can plug in the old fashioned chat headset which works fine.
Note I can also use my Astro A50's fine as they go via optical out and USB.

My issue is my Astro A10's refuse to work now since the update. I dont want to call MS as they'll drive me mad on the phone for hours doing everything I've already done.

Any help will be great.

Cheers,

Ok, just thought I'd provide an update. I removed my console from the insider preview ring. Despite rolling back the firmware its still not working.
I've used my xbox one keyboard adaptor and plugged in the 3.5 ml headset into that, and boom it works no problems.

Essentially everything is fine, except, the 3.5mm jack on the controller refuses to work. Also, I've confirmed this on 3 separate xbox controllers.
So I've eliminated this as a hardware issue. Something in the xbox one software is blocking the use of the 3.5mm jack cable.

So for a resolution for anyone with this issue, get a keypad adaptor or the official xbox headset adaptor and that will be a workaround to the issue.

Back