Xbox One Xbox One is built like a PC...so what crossover features will it have?

Khronic

From
Connecticut
It's already well known that the Xbox One will be running a system that isn't exactly Windows 8, but pretty similar.

What do you think is in line for capabilities that this brings?

What we know and what we can expect

It's already well known that the Xbox One will be running a system that isn't exactly Windows 8, but pretty similar.

What do you think is in line for capabilities that this brings?

We know it will bring some form of Windows Apps. Internet explorer with option for kb/m support through USB is also confirmed. Skype obviously is in there. They've basically confirmed the new MS music service is available, including the ad supported free version. I assume Windows Media player, but we don't know yet. I also assume you can use X1 as a hub, for example playing music off of a windows media player playlist from a PC, but that is not confirmed. WiFi direct should actually make this easier as well because you don't have to go through your router and have higher bandwidth available.

We don't know if it will provide MS office reader's or editor's, though likely it would come at a fee. While IE is included, we don't know if it will support adobe flash or if it will block websites, particularly adult. Since this is still a "games console" I have the feeling MS will be careful to make sure no children can use it for stuff they can do on PC. If we are lucky, they'll just have solid parental controls and let adults do what they want.

We also have confirmation that Miracast is supported. So you can stream anything from a tablet/pc screen to the TV screen pretty easily. Smartglass lets you control the system and some games with any tablet/smartphone/pc.

We don't yet know if the X1 will stream to a second screen ala Apple TV. That would be nice and I'm holding out hope. I'd like a little receiver in my bedroom so I can game or watch netflix or do music on a second screen without having to buy a device with more brains in it.

I don't have links for all this obviously but I've followed the subject closely and wouldn't lie to ya.

Back