Xbox One xbox one is lacking the wow factor...

pliny

Im having a hard time finding a launch title that has the wow factor. You know that game that screams at you to rush out and buy the system on day one. All sports titles are basic and have been getting low reviews, Ghost and BF4 might be fun but Im so burnt out on those types of games not to mention they can both be played on current platforms. There are no RPG's available so wheres the wow factor to make me want this system on day 1? Anyone else feeling this way? Would like to hear how other gamers feel about this, also really bummed about the delay of Watch Dogs!

That's kind of the nature of the beast. When 360 launched, I didn't even buy it until the following spring, and even then there wasn't a lot of games for me to play.

Really, all I am interested in is Forza 5 (which looks amazing, but I'm guessing you aren't into driving games). BF4 running at 60 fps. That's pretty much it for me right away until Titanfall hits in the spring. I'm always very skeptical of sports games for the first gen.

I can definitely see myself getting "bored" sometime between launch and Titanfall. We'll see.

I was going to hold off and not buy until the spring, but there's unlikely to be a price drop for a long time anyway, so $500 is $500. I still plan on playing my 360 a lot.

Dead rising 3 is the game I am most excited for at launch!

I am more interested in just seeing the improved graphics on each game I purchase.Like B4,CoD,and NBA 2K14 will be on current gen but they are going to look phenomenal on next-gen.

That's kind of the nature of the beast. When 360 launched, I didn't even buy it until the following spring, and even then there wasn't a lot of games for me to play.

Really, all I am interested in is Forza 5 (which looks amazing, but I'm guessing you aren't into driving games). BF4 running at 60 fps. That's pretty much it for me right away until Titanfall hits in the spring. I'm always very skeptical of sports games for the first gen.

I can definitely see myself getting "bored" sometime between launch and Titanfall. We'll see.

I was going to hold off and not buy until the spring, but there's unlikely to be a price drop for a long time anyway, so $500 is $500. I still plan on playing my 360 a lot.

Exactly. Console launches are rarely stellar. If you buy an Xbox One, you are buying the fact that you expect games like Halo and Gears of War down the road. If you aren't a fan of those games, it is your best bet to wait it out until the library is built up.

The question is, did anything these past years brought a wow factor into the industry? Even when a new console comes out, most of the times there is no "DAMN, THAT IS THE FUTURE!" software to back it up. Remember when you saw the PS1 and N64? FULL BLOWN 3D IS LIKE THE FUTURE OUT THERE.

Nowadays is all "you have to pay to use the internet, also buy this piece of the game that fell out during development, but you can buy it for the low price of $4.99".

It is also missing the wow factor for me too. I just don't see any big "I've gotta have that" features on it. I need to know what is going to make me want to ditch my xbox 360 for the xbox one. I think I am probably going to wait for a while and buy it when it is on sale. I don't see the reason why I should pay full price when I am loving and having fun on my 360.

Im having a hard time finding a launch title that has the wow factor. You know that game that screams at you to rush out and buy the system on day one. All sports titles are basic and have been getting low reviews, Ghost and BF4 might be fun but Im so burnt out on those types of games not to mention they can both be played on current platforms. There are no RPG's available so wheres the wow factor to make me want this system on day 1? Anyone else feeling this way? Would like to hear how other gamers feel about this, also really bummed about the delay of Watch Dogs!

Launch games are never stellar with the exception of Halo: CE. I will say that having 64 players on a console version of BF4 is refreshing. I saw Forza in action and that gave me the "wow" feeling and Dead Rising 3 looked good too!

Both the PS4 and X1 are extremely lacking at launch, in my opinion. I really really can't find a reason to buy either anytime soon. I'm gonna wait it out.

It is also missing the wow factor for me too. I just don't see any big "I've gotta have that" features on it. I need to know what is going to make me want to ditch my xbox 360 for the xbox one. I think I am probably going to wait for a while and buy it when it is on sale. I don't see the reason why I should pay full price when I am loving and having fun on my 360.

Depends how long you're willing to wait and how long they TRULY support the current gen. Keep in mind the first price cut for the 360 wasn't for a little over 2 years. Also keep in mind that the current gen version of games are sure to be missing some of the better features and/or capabilities.

Depends how long you're willing to wait and how long they TRULY support the current gen. Keep in mind the first price cut for the 360 wasn't for a little over 2 years. Also keep in mind that the current gen version of games are sure to be missing some of the better features and/or capabilities.

Well I for 1 can't wait.Hooray for new experiences.

I had already preordered because I am a huge XBOX fan and had every intention of getting it. I was considering canceling my preorder till I started reading this forum. Now I am pretty excited about the potential of the console and some of the features of the console itself. I am having dificulty getting excited about any of the launch titles.

The Wow factor isn't what it use to be. The fact that you could have a console that could play 400 - 500 games isn't going to do much in terms of getting people to buy the console now. However, buying a system that will play games, netflix, amazon, hbo go, etc etc is more important now. As well as, people want the console generation to last as long as possible. The ages of 4 years and a new console comes around is over. Wow is not something established day 1, I think its something that comes after years of use and you see the value of entertainment it brought to you.

Back