Xbox One xbox one kinect2.0 more advertising chatter.

sc_shark

"On Xbox, the ad is part of the actual experience, it’s not something that is outside. The only difference is that the advertisement we have is quite small and not disruptive so people are not aware of clicking on the banners because they know this is a part of the whole experience on the dash," a UI designer recently told StickTwiddler. "So the users know that this is something that when they click on it, they won’t be hit by something crazy or something dangerous like on the web. Everything that lands there, we create."

via: HotHardware

hear is what bums me out the most..

Earlier this year, Microsoft filed a patent that would allow Xbox One users to score achievements if they watched certain videos or even ads.

"To increase interactive viewing and encourage a user to watch one or more particular items of video content, awards and achievements may be tied to those items of video content," the patent said.

"Producers, distributors, and advertisers of the video content may set viewing goals and award a viewer who has reached the goals."

There has been no talk of the integration of these achievements yet, but it could prove to be a successful lure for users to interact with ads in the future.

These arent actually achievements for gamerscore, they are instead going to be badges like the 'day one' achievement. So im guessing if you watch a for example, Pringles ad and youre eating Pringles at the time you will unlock the achievement and badge. Doesnt bother me too much, if it's keeping the price of xbl from going up, im all for it, doesnt mean I have to use it

In my dream world, you could just have ads play on the corner of a loading screen or something and then never see them again. Actually, that's not even that great of an idea. I'm not sure what you could do since Ads are such big business.

I digress, if people actually what achievement points based on ads then count me out of that contest. How about achievements for getting the gnome through an entire Left4Dead 2 level, now that's freaking ridiculous hard. Come on!

they have to find a way to promote looking at adds... so with the current system and how acheivments work it was a natural progression... its how intrusive they become or how they are presented... i dont care about acheivments so getting comercial/adds wont matter to me..

Back