Xbox One Not Loading Games

MJButler

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help!

My son's xbox one is not working. It is coming and he can sign into his account, but when he tries to load games the xbox begins to the load the game, it then seems to stop and comes out of the process back to the homepage.

We've tried rebooting the wifi router and xbox by turning off at the power socket for a couple or minutes, but it doesn't seem to clear it. He uninstalled Fortnite and reloaded it, but still doing the same thing. Also checked updates are the latest ones. Same thing appears to be happening with all his games so not a problem with one particular game suggesting it's a glitch in the xbox itself!

I've been looking on google and one thing suggested is to 'delete the local save and re-syncing with the cloud'. Not 100% sure what this means so haven't tried it!

Please can someone suggest what might be the problem and how to correct it.

Thanks

I would first try a hard reboot which will wipe the system cache and sometimes solve things like this.
To do so, simply do a long press of the lit-up XBOX BUTTON on your controller. The 'What do you want to do?' screen will appear. At this point, do a 'Restart Console' of the xbox not a 'Turn off console', and it will reset the system cache when it restarts back up automatically. Then try a game or two.

If the problems persist, you could wipe the game saves individually by navigating to each game and manually removing the game save for each game. You could do it all at once for all games too by going to 'My games & apps' at the top of the xbox home page, then scroll down to ''Manage' then move the selector to 'Storage devices', then in there move the selector left to 'Clear local saved games'. That will wipe all local game save files.

Let me know how it goes for you or if you already figured it all out by now. If not, we can proceed from here.

Back