Xbox One Xbox One teams up with NASA

ozadin

Well, this is certainly surprising. Big fan of NASA, and all their achievements. I guess this is how they're going compute 330k asteroids with cloud-computing.

With the help of Microsoft's programmer Frank Savage and NASA's space exploration the company was able to put together something rather incredible. 35,000 light years of space never touched by the human hand and limited only by our imaginations. The demo possessed the capability to track position, velocity and orbital movements of each asteroid between planet Mars and divorced planet now moon, Pluto. According to Microsoft, the One has calculated and rendered 40,000 of these asteroids within the One's limits.

http://www.examiner.com/article/reach-for-the-sky-xbox-one-teams-up-with-nasa

I like the idea of different teams coming together to grab a new goal, it shows a little more about the gaming community. One thing I did not like about the Examiner website is the insane amount of ads they have, it took me a good two minutes of continual clicking to halt the popups that went through my blocker and the videos. Good share, bad reference site. :(

Back