Xbox One Xbox One to be Cheaper than Xbox 360 Launch

Damnlag

Website
www.youtubegaming.com
gamestop.jpg

According to GameStop, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will both be cheaper than the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 launches back in 2005/2006. Xbox 360 cost $300/$400 back in 2005, while the PlayStation 3 cost $500/$600 in 2006. They didn't specify the prices on the new consoles and dodged questions about gamer's having to pay a fee to play second hand titles that get traded-in.

You can read the full article over at GameSpot.

Thank god, That was Sony's major mistake when they announced a system beyond 400. Glad to see these guys have learned from that.

Wow, I thought that this new console of Microsoft would be the most expensive of the bunch. With all the negative buzz surrounding the reveal, this serves as a shining light. If this news turns out to be true, it seems as though I would be getting one after all. All that I'm concerned about now is the pre-owned game fee which I think would be a bad move on the point of view of gamers.

Wow, I thought that this new console of Microsoft would be the most expensive of the bunch. With all the negative buzz surrounding the reveal, this serves as a shining light. If this news turns out to be true, it seems as though I would be getting one after all. All that I'm concerned about now is the pre-owned game fee which I think would be a bad move on the point of view of gamers.

I would rather see them come out with a cheaper game model plan that allows us to buy more games for our buck. IMO $60 is a lot of money for a single game. While some may argue that its worth it, I think it would allow gamer's to experience more games and game makers to make more money with games at a cheaper plan. Many don't buy some games now because of the price, they go for what they're interested in. If they were cheaper, I'm sure many would take an interest in more games. So either way, they'd be making just as much money down the road and more gamer's would be playing their games.

I am really quite surprised by that. I really thought it would either be about the same price, or more expensive, but cheaper?! that's pretty good news I'm glad to hear that. Perhaps the price of the games will make up for this decision from Microsoft.

Really? That's actually kind of surprising to me, because usually Xbox is super expensive at launch. Remember the first Xbox ever was like $500 at launch? On the other hand, Xbox is really dominating the market these days so maybe they are passing on the success by making the system more available to low income families and households. In fact, this plan could make sense as possibly the ps4 will be more expensive and people will go for the cheaper alternative.

I would rather see them come out with a cheaper game model plan that allows us to buy more games for our buck. IMO $60 is a lot of money for a single game. While some may argue that its worth it, I think it would allow gamer's to experience more games and game makers to make more money with games at a cheaper plan.

I'm hoping for this to. But I think that the price of games are not for Microsoft to decide. It would be the call of the game developers whether they would want a game to be priced at $60 or not. If all gamers would have a strike and state concerns about the price of the games, maybe this would be a reality. I don't see it happening though so I guess we're stuck at $50 to $60.

This is surprising. I was just talking to my friend about this the other day, saying that there is no way it would be cheaper than the 360. I guess they're going to make us pay more elsewhere. Like games.

Awesome, and surprising at the same time. I'm confused as of why they actually lowered the price, instead of keeping the price the same. Maybe they're just compensating for the features that people don't like. I'm glad they lowered their price. I might even buy it when it releases.

If this is true, this is shocking news. I assumed the price would be $500 easily. Same goes for the PS4.

I think this might also just be the "base model". I've heard rumors that there will be a couple of different versions of the new Xbox and the ones that can do more or have more memory will carry the bigger price tag. While this is good news, I'm waiting to see if they actually role out different versions and what the prices of all of those are before I praise Microsoft.

Considering this is the same group planning to charge a fee before you can play a used game, I find it awfully hard to believe that they'd have a price point lower than the 360 when it debuted.

I would rather see them come out with a cheaper game model plan that allows us to buy more games for our buck. IMO $60 is a lot of money for a single game.

I think it depends on the game, if it's a really amazing, immersive game I think $60 is worth it. Like Skyrim is worth $60, I would say. But like the new Tomb Raider, while being great fun, it was a pretty linear straight-foward and somewhat short game, I think that should be a bit cheaper. I think hours of gameplay should be a factor in the price somehow.

I think it depends on the game, if it's a really amazing, immersive game I think $60 is worth it. Like Skyrim is worth $60, I would say. But like the new Tomb Raider, while being great fun, it was a pretty linear straight-foward and somewhat short game, I think that should be a bit cheaper. I think hours of gameplay should be a factor in the price somehow.

That's the thing, people like yourself have no problem giving them more money for a game. I don't think all games are worth it, some may be worth it. But games could easily be change to a lower price to sell more products. They just need to remodel the way they develop games because many who develop a AAA game don't sell enough to even cover the costs of development. Its crazy how much they spend developing games, so I can understand why they charge the price they do now. I would like to see them go cheaper though, allow us to buy more games and not have to spend hundreds to get all these hot games that will be available right away at launch of the next-gen consoles.

GTA V $60
Battlefield 4 $60
Call of Duty Ghosts $60
Halo 5 (Most likely) $60

That's only 4 games and that's $240 in games alone. After you add the console which will probably be $300-$500, a 3rd party headset such as Turtle Beach, Astro, Triton, another $60-200, and then Xbox LIVE (going with current prices) $60 a year.

$240 4 Games at $59.99 each
$300-$500 console
$60- $200 3rd party headset
$60 Xbox LIVE Year Membership
-------
$1000

Your looking to spend around $1000 when Xbox One is released if you plan on getting all of the above, or MORE if you plan on getting more games.

This is some good news... i guess.
But does that mean that we will have the double amount of RRODs (or whatever they will want to call them now) on this console?

I can't see them being cheaper, although I'm sure Microsoft are doing the £20 a month idea but getting the console cheap. Sort of like "finance" option. - not my cup of tea.

This is some good news... i guess.
But does that mean that we will have the double amount of RRODs (or whatever they will want to call them now) on this console?

The Major Nelson show or an interview I listened to somewhere stated that they pretty much fixed all of that stuff with the Xbox 360 S model. There was a new team that made the Xbox 360 S model, which is the same team that made the Xbox One console.

I really hope this is accurate, as when it comes to purchasing a console when it comes out is a major weakness of mine, I always try to wait as long as possible but I just can't do it.

Thank god, That was Sony's major mistake when they announced a system beyond 400. Glad to see these guys have learned from that.
Why was it a mistake? It did not stop it from being the most sold console at the time?

Anyways, I'm glad to know prices will be cheaper. I can now not worry so much about my wallet getting burned :p

Why was it a mistake? It did not stop it from being the most sold console at the time?

Anyways, I'm glad to know prices will be cheaper. I can now not worry so much about my wallet getting burned :p

You can read any game news site/blog and see that everyone has said it was a mistake by Sony for charging so much at launch. And PS3 hasn't been #1 console sold in a long time now.

Wow if this is true I really am quite surprised. A very smart choice by Microsoft I guess and just by judging by last generation and how much the PS3 costed at release I highly doubt Sony will be able stick near the One's price range without going bankrupt.
I imagine the WiiU's incredibly cheap price would have something to do with this as well.

But as it stands, if this really is true I suppose the Xbox One has one edge over the PS4 that might just sway over those who are mostly on the fence over which console they want to buy.

I think they will adopt Apple's model where the console will be cheaper but then you will pay a monthly fee, which will include XBox Live, Netflix, etc

Back