Xbox One Xbox One to be Cheaper than Xbox 360 Launch

I think they will adopt Apple's model where the console will be cheaper but then you will pay a monthly fee, which will include XBox Live, Netflix, etc

I keep holding out hope they'll make Live free. If not, I hope they do that at least. That would make me feel better about being charged for Xbox Live.

I keep holding out hope they'll make Live free. If not, I hope they do that at least. That would make me feel better about being charged for Xbox Live.

I highly doubt that would happen, but who knows. We'll find out more in less than 2 weeks. :)

Boy, that'd be nice. That's one of the most appealing aspects of the Playstation. Granted, Live has some nice features that Playstation doesn't have, but it's hard to beat playing video games online for free. I highly doubt this will happen as it's such a huge revenue generator, but it'd be nice. Still waiting to see what the cost will be. I wonder if they'll introduce some new features and try to jack up the price. It wouldn't be surprising.

Pretty sure it will still be around for Xbox One. Major Nelson answered some questions shortly after the reveal and said that current gold subscriptions can be converted over to Xbox One as well for people who have purchased 1 year subscriptions. So that pretty much tells us that paying for online will still be a factor with Xbox One

If this is their price point for launch I won't be super discouraged at picking one up as I had previously thought, however if it's this price with a 100$ markup, I will. There is just not enough Umph yet for the One for me. I can continue to play all the games I want so far on my 360, and Watch Dogs on my PC (PC is lead design plat for it, have to go to the PC Gaming side for that one). When Halo 5/ODST2/HD Collection come out for X1, or they release the MGS's for it that they haven't released for 360 yet I'll prob make the switch. Or Skate 4, give me skate 4 and I'll preorder right now.

I think they will adopt Apple's model where the console will be cheaper but then you will pay a monthly fee, which will include XBox Live, Netflix, etc

Yes I could see them doing this. If it's an all-in-one console why not throw in an all-in-one subscription cost? I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to do this.:eek:

No way this is true, Gamestop is just playing games with these guys to pressure them to allow used games. Right now Gamestop is in big time trouble, Less than $400 for the Xbox One? No way. Unless there is a part of the equation that is unknown (subs required) I just don't see it. I don't think Sony is in a position to lose money on every console either right now. Samsung is killing them in the TV market.

Regardless of whether these gaming consoles will be cheaper or not, there is still the question about a paid membership. The majority of the money earned from these types of consoles isn't from their base pay (buying the console upfront), but rather from the monthly payments, individual games sold, and buying points to sue for gaming purposes. These three factors greatly increase their profits. So even if the consoles are cheap, their monthly fees and online points system might be a bit more than what it was (possible fee for PS4??). Just my two cents :D

I also wish they'd do away with the system of Microsoft "space" Points, just take my credit card and charge me regular money please, this system is ridiculous.
Imagine you went to a store to buy something that cost 5$ and they only took 10$ bills and gave you no money back, just saying "You can either buy something else now or come back some other time to get something, no money back".

I also wish they'd do away with the system of Microsoft "space" Points, just take my credit card and charge me regular money please, this system is ridiculous.
Imagine you went to a store to buy something that cost 5$ and they only took 10$ bills and gave you no money back, just saying "You can either buy something else now or come back some other time to get something, no money back".

I'm pretty sure I read that this is exactly what they were doing.

*Quick search: Article discussing this topic*

About time. I understand why they went with Points in the first place, but the time has come to adopt real currency. The trick of making people think they aren't spending much or confuse them with how much something costs is over now that everyone has mastered the conversion. Honestly, this might be one of the aspects I'm most excited about when it comes to the One.

Absolutely great news for me, as I am living on a low budget and I can't really spend too much on things that aren't completely necessary for surviving. This means I won't have to wait too long before I've saved up enough money for the One, I'm delighted! :D

Back