Xbox One Xbox One To Support Remote Play

PB7

Former Administrator
xbox_one_controller.jpg

Rumored reports around the internet are indicating that the Xbox One will allow remote play. This would allow another player to take control of another's game for help. It'd be a interesting feature to have. Stuck on a achievement have someone else show you how to do it. I'm personally wondering how that will work with achievements because if someone else takes control of your game and does the task then it defeats the purpose.

The remote play feature is reportedly fully functional, with a demonstration showing player one receive a message over Skype from player two, asking if they were happy for their friend to take control of the game. Player one was then able to watch player two working through player one's game, and either of the pair was able to end the remote play session with a simple button press. Sony said during itsPS4 reveal that it will use Gaikai to power a similarremote play feature.

Via: Gamesradar

I'm more surprised that Microsoft would even think of this as an idea. Hey Stallion83, need some help with that 1 Million gamerscore? Let me play a little bit and get you some achievements. lol

I'm more surprised that Microsoft would even think of this as an idea. Hey Stallion83, need some help with that 1 Million gamerscore? Let me play a little bit and get you some achievements. lol

Oh yeah, now that you say that, i can see where it can prove useful. I can already see people buying other's services so that they could help with achievements.
But not everyone is addicted to achievements, so that is not much of a problem really.

Well, it seems like it's a lot of programming and whatnot to implement for not that useful of a feature. What gamer nowadays wants your friend to play something for you? Seems like it's just a feature not many people would be looking for.

On the other hand, could I use it to play my friends' games for free at my house though? That I could see being useful...

Well, it seems like it's a lot of programming and whatnot to implement for not that useful of a feature. What gamer nowadays wants your friend to play something for you? Seems like it's just a feature not many people would be looking for.

On the other hand, could I use it to play my friends' games for free at my house though? That I could see being useful...

You'd be surprised. I always thought who wants to watch another person stream a game on sites like Twitch, but millions do.

Useless in my opinion since one can easily look online for an answer if they're stuck on a level or something. The whole purpose of games is to complete it yourself with no help, unless its a co-op game. That I would understand. But letting someone take over your game is really dumb.

It can potentially be used as a service like BlackSolaris said if people want to get on leader boards and whatnot, but other than that, I think it's a useless feature.

You'd be surprised. I always thought who wants to watch another person stream a game on sites like Twitch, but millions do.

Ah that's true, but I didn't necessarily gather that was part of this feature though. Don't people usually like to watch people who are like the best at a game, like insanely well-geared people in Diablo clearing Monster Power 10, those guys aren't going to jump on your Xbox and play for you...

At least for free, could be the dawn of a new pay service, haha.

What the heck? This is such a silly feature... I don't see the point in it. I suppose the more features, the better but I really hope Microsoft doesn't try to use this as a selling point or try to brand it as a Next Generation Marvel of Technology.
I can't really see this being very used very often though... I don't buy games so that others can play them for me.

Now what would be really neat is if you could let your friend test the game out for like an hour even if he didn't own it himself. Of course there are a ton of technicalities to that, like probably having to download 10 gigabytes just to play essentially an hour demo but if it were possible I think that would be an awesome feature.

Eh it seems like kind of a pointless addition to be honest. I just don't really see the need for it. I like getting and earning my own achievements the old fashioned way.

You guys are looking at things at face value. You aren't trying to look beneath the feature and find out what it can really do.

The iPhone is a good example of this. It really isn't that good of a phone. When it was first released it was just a regular phone with some locked features. However, when the developers got a hold of it, it was used in ways that apple didn't intend. For example, using the gyroscope to make sure picture frames are perfectly straight. Do you think Apple had that in mind when they were creating the product? Probably not. Developers are resourceful and I'm sure they can use this to the fullest potential.

Perhaps a developer implements this so that only when specific people control the character they can do certain things (Jump higher, shoot, etc) and it could be a teamwork game with each player using their own skills.

Don't just look at something and dismiss it, try to think about what is the best way that this feature could be used.

Well, this sounds like an interesting feature though it's kind of silly. I bet I will never use it if I get an Xbone.

Could this be used to set up a service similar to OnLive?
Someone would just have the game running like a server and people could connect to join.
Wouldn't be viable for lengthy games but would seem good for quick matches of sports games.

It does sound a bit pointless, but it's an interesting idea. It sounds to me like they would allow other players to take control, but not to earn achievements or trophies for what they do. It doesn't really seem doable, though, unless there's they can be sure that people won't find a way to hack into other people's games somehow. I don't know what the point of that would be, but I wouldn't put it past some people.

Back